Overusing add all players from...

I wish I knew that when I started my game. Theres nothing worse than getting far in a career and then wishing you had added more leauges and players. I got a bit over scared by all the stars.

I wish I knew that when I started my game. Theres nothing worse than getting far in a career and then wishing you had added more leauges and players. I got a bit over scared by all the stars.

Well I suspect it's worse when you get far in a career game and have to quit when it gets excruciatingly slow due to all the leagues you'll never manage in.

You live and learn, trial and error and all that. The custom add players is a terrific feature - with a small or medium database you can supplement the database with the players you want, thus keeping the numbers and processing manageable.

Well I suspect it's worse when you get far in a career game and have to quit when it gets excruciatingly slow due to all the leagues you'll never manage in.

You live and learn, trial and error and all that. The custom add players is a terrific feature - with a small or medium database you can supplement the database with the players you want, thus keeping the numbers and processing manageable.

Thats what I was worried about because I put too many leauges in last year and it was painfully slow and had to start again, and this year I was over cautious and didnt put enough in and might have to start again.

Its a fine balance and you never know if its 2 much till you have spent a few seasons playing.

There should probably be a tips page, like if you know you are never going to manage in sweden does it make much differance picking view only to playable or might you just as well add all swedish players instead.

As far as I can tell the start are generic, not actually based on your system.

I have a PC which I built recently for just over £1200 and a laptop that cost £500, 4 years ago.

If I choose the same league setup (a total of 18 leagues loaded with all players from Europe added) they both show 1/2 a star, yet on my PC it runs perfectly even with all that loaded.

The thing is though, you have no clue what 2 or 5 stars means. Does 2 mean it will be semi okay or really slow.

I decided on 2.5 stars and could of easily stuck more in. So basically it is of no help unless it tells you picking all these leauges will make it really slow.

I loaded all leagues (down as far as they can go by default) on my mac laptop, with there (about 5 years in) currently being about 670,000 people in my game including nonplayers and players according to FM10SX, getting .5 stars, and haven't noticed it really being all that slow. There are times when it will lock up for a bit, usually on the days where it needs to generate regens, but usually it's not all that different then when i just used a regular DB with 5-6 leagues loaded.

Compared to last year I think you could go about double to what you had loaded in. The days without a game fly by and there seems to be no waiting around while it calculates other results.

They did a fantastic job in improving performance,

As far as I can tell the start are generic, not actually based on your system.

I have a PC which I built recently for just over £1200 and a laptop that cost £500, 4 years ago.

If I choose the same league setup (a total of 18 leagues loaded with all players from Europe added) they both show 1/2 a star, yet on my PC it runs perfectly even with all that loaded.

I paid £1200 for mine 3 year ago. You could probably get the equivalent now for about £350 - £400 yet I got 2.5 stars with 18 nations. It runs very well but I'm guessing those stars don't mean anything.

Archived