10.3 graphics engine optimizations ?

i have a main desktop and a laptop the game runs fine on the main desktop however laptop is a different issue

i was trying to get FM to run on high detail on it with playable frame rates

here are the specs , i am using latest drivers

ACER ASPIRE 5738ZG

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core T4300 - 2,16 GHz

Monitor: 15,6"

Graphics Card nVidia Geforce G 105M 512

Memory 4GB RAM DDR3

Disco 500Gb

SO : Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits

Ok here are my findings

Nvidia settings set to quality:

Game Set to Low detail : 30 FPS

Game Set to Medium Detail 26 FPS

Game Set to High Detail : 12 FPS

Nvidia Settings to Performance:

Game settings to Low detail 42 FPS

Game settings to Medium detail 38 FPS

Game settings to High detail 32 FPS

this are average frame rates measured with fraps

i play higher demanding games in terms of graphics like Counter strike source , PES 2010 , Modern warfare 2 , with medium high mix of settings and get playable flame rates ( 50-60 , except on CSS i get 150 FPS highest settings )

using a measuring tool i monitored the shader clocks usage and noticed an high usage of shaders . so i wonder why FM graphics engine use so much shaders wen the graphics detail doesn't justify that?

Edit: For those who don't know wtf i am talking about here is a simple explanation about my findings

60+ FPS - Good gaming experience game runs fluid no issues

30 FPS -Playable but jerky gaming experience

Less than 30 - Crappy gaming experience the game runs badly

i am talking about the performance in 3D mode

FPS - frames per second

explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

i am aware of that also my 105M is tweaked for better performance .

all those games , have higher demands in terms of graphics FM doesn't touch that level yet , the thing is that FM is eating too much and its graphics don't justify the resourses that it uses

if your over clocking a note book/laptop graphics card IMO wasting your time, you might get slightly better performance in bench marking tests but in real world gaming they will be minimal, the only thing i can guarantee is the machine will run a lot hotter, unless your doing a huge O/C in which case it will probably run that hot it will be come unstable or get damaged which might not be reversible.

i cannot really comment about FM and its graphics, maybe someone with more know how in this will be able to tell you better, saying it runs fine on my laptop is of no use :)

i am using moded drivers + tweaked settings , i know overclocking on laptops is a waste :p i work with pc's for 10 years now

Normal drivers performed worse in all games and including FM

i just find odd that FM is so depending on shaders , wen it shouldn't

i have posted before problems that i was having with my (similar spec) acer laptop and some other people with acer laptops had similar problems. the .2 patch seemed to fix the jerky ME problems on low quality but its still very poor frame rate when played on the high detail level.

possibly related, i dont know, but the game gives me a 1/2 to 1 star performance rating in the settings menu, which always struck me as strange as it is a new laptop and the rest of the game runs quickly.

I have an AMD Phenom II X 955.. a quad running at 3.2ghz that is... 4 gigs of RAM, and an 8800 GTS which is getting replaced today actually... and it runs poorly. Especially sensitive to even a single firefox window running etc in the background too, which leads to massive performance dropoffs.

I play games like Left 4 Dead, Borderlands etc and they all run far far better than FM.

Hence why I use 2D!

i have posted before problems that i was having with my (similar spec) acer laptop and some other people with acer laptops had similar problems. the .2 patch seemed to fix the jerky ME problems on low quality but its still very poor frame rate when played on the high detail level.

possibly related, i dont know, but the game gives me a 1/2 to 1 star performance rating in the settings menu, which always struck me as strange as it is a new laptop and the rest of the game runs quickly.

on mine game gives me 4 stars and runs like crap without setting the control painel to performance .still framerate sucks on high

this game engine has issues

well its not smooth in my laptop and i can run higher demanding games fine

The major thread killing point being strangely missed here is that FM can't be compared to a lot of these other games because it has a massively more complex engine. You are comparing graphics output, and in fairness most games are all about the graphics output and the actual process is light.

FM's process is a database of tens of thousands of players and staff and other matches all taking place at once underneath the graphics you are watching in game.

There's no comparison, your FPS findings are therefore irrelevant .:thup:

Framerate also largely irrelevant to 90% of users. As has been said, if it's smooth, it's smooth.

Facepalm seriously framerate irrelevant?

dude game processing is done by the CPU graphics by the GPU , this process in majority is separated

if its not smooth and even on a 8800 the game has problems there is something dam wrong you have no idea wtf your talking about

and other games light process omfg? other games are also CPU intensive

30 FPS is jerky and not smooth

FM graphics engine is poor optimized and has coding issues how come it looks so bad and eats so much

if you want to troll go somewhere else you clearly have no idea what your talking about

Okay I went to check the System requirements of FM10 and compare with Fifa Manager 10 (it was better compare with the competition of FM10).

So I check the system requirements between the two there isn't much difference between them. One needs more speed then the other, and the other needs more ram but like said there isn't much difference.

Now comparing the match engine, I would have to say that since Fifa Manager 3D as graphics uses the 3D of the fifa games, I thought that it was more demanding comparing to the 3D graphics of FM, but to my surprise the specs of both requires 128 MB graphic cards.

I have to say that there is significant difference between FM 3D and Fifa Manager 3D (with Fifa manager 3D in terms of graphics being the among the few, if not only thing that is perhaps superior to FM10 (note: not comparing the ME, but the 3D graphics representation of the ME)).

So ask why the hell we have this 3D representation of the ME in FM10 that needs so much of graphics card, while is very significant inferior to the 3D of Fifa manager? Why does it need so much out of the graphic cards if the 3D is crap compare to its rivals?

Sincerely I do not get this and to be honest don't expect much reply explaining why from SI, since they have been silent since the 3D was released in FM09.

Although it's an improvement from 09, I noticed a similar thing to you - that the ME is still fairly intensive. I run FM10 on an overclocked Quad core system - I have no problems playing Crysis, Far Cry 2 and COD2 at very high detail. My system is more than adequate to handle FM, but I still struggle with FPS.

I'm not going to complain though, it's far better than FM09 and you can expect further improvements for the next game :)

I do expect improvements for the next game, but not when it is based on very demanding 3D. It is one of those things that only adding new animations to please our eyes will not suffice, at least for me.

I think that they need to seriously and when I mean seriously revamp or the next time only super computers (the ones that occupy your living room) can play the game. I know I'm exaggerating, but still I'm dead serious when I say in few years it can bite in SI as*. This year for the first time (at least here in Portugal) Fifa Manager has reached the top ten in sales in Christmas PC sales and SI need to look out their rivals are gaining ground.

I do expect improvements for the next game, but not when it is based on very demanding 3D. It is one of those things that only adding new animations to please our eyes will not suffice, at least for me.

i got the felling that for SI thats enough

mainly because of this games target audience , unfortunately

Archived