Players Retiring to become.. Chairmen?!

I'm currently in 2020, so most the current crop of real players have retired.. but people like John Terry and Stevie G have retired to come chairmen, even though they "definetlty looking to go into management when retires"

Even people like Jermain Defoe, Jamie Carragher, Ryan Jarvis and David James have also become chairmen

Is this like it on other peoples gameS? seems abit weird

Originally posted by Blackcats:

I get players becoming chairmen if they don't take up any coaching, physio jobs etc. i just think its a defult thing if they decide to 'properly' retire becuase i have never seen any take over a club

Yeah, I'd agree with you there. I don't know why though. When they become chairmen, if they retire young, they age 20 years icon_biggrin.gificon_confused.gif.

What strikes me as strange about it is that there aren't that many Chairmen who were previously footballers IRL so why is it even included in the game? I understand a manager e.g. SAF one day becoming Chairman or something high up in a club, but I don't think footballers would have as much inclination to become a Chairman as they do to become a manager or coach.

I have noticed on my game that Maldini, Van Der Sar & Ljungberg have become chairman. Bit disappointed that Maldini did because usually I appoint him as my assistant manager when he retires in the game.

This chairman lark is definitely something SI should take out of the game

Archived