Newgens with high PA but dreadful/odd attributes?

I'm now in 2013 and I've been noticing many newgens, included some in my own squad having rather low attributes and/or oddly shaped octagons (for their role).

All the following players are rated as PA 3*, or, according to FMRTE around the 150 mark. Also, they CA ranges from 1 1/2* to 2* [100-120]

Still, according to Genie Scout, ALL of them can still reach their top PA...

This is a DM/MC (I have two more DM/MCs in my youth team with similar attributes and PA... Are DMs of the future gonna win the ball with pace instead of brute strength?)

newgen1.jpg

This is an AMRC Horrid both as winger AND playmaker/trequartista... Where can he become decent, despite his PA?[/b]

newgen2.jpg

This is a D LC, WBL. Why playing in many roles despite not being good enough for any of them??

newgen3.jpg

And here we have a brilliant AML. Still 50 PA points off his maximum level, but isn't he terrible?

newgen5.jpg

--> to be continued -->

Just turned 18 and "ready" for First Team football, but already near to his peak [being 142PA]. ???

newgen6.jpg

This is possibly THE best young striker currently in the game, at least according to my scouts, his value and Genie Scout too... He can still improve but honestly I don't see him being THAT awesome...

newgen7.jpg

On the other hand, this guy is getting mediocre reports, despite stellar stats for a target man

newgen4.jpg

I honestly struggle to grasp that...

Original db players can CLEARLY get recognized as either good, average or bad, just by looking at their stats.

For newgens instead, often the Octagon says one thing and the Scouts [GENIE SCOUT INCLUDED] say the opposite.

What does the ME say in the end?

Is the "fish shaped DM" good enough just because his CA is high? Can a striker who, according to his attributes, can't shoot a beachball in a rugby goal from 2 feet away actually be worth some millions and be a successful Top Player?

Moreso, is it normal having so many odd newgens?

As said above, one big problem is the hidden stats starting off low and then barely improving or not improving at all.

As for the player's you've shown, the problem isn't with "important" stats being low, as all but maybe one important stats in the screenies in the first post are better than the rest of stats. The problem, is that the CA rises far quicker than the attributes.

For instance, in my game Jack Wilshere had 199 PA (I edited his PA to -10) By 23 his CA is 190 (according to FMRTE). Yet his stats are that of a player at around 140 CA (looking at the players at the start of the game). 17 Dribbling is his best, rest around 12-14.

One gripe I also have is how much having a "strong" weaker foot drags the attributes down so much. I can understand why having good Physical stats does, but surely someone can be two footed without having much weaker attributes than someone else of the same CA? Having two good foot is useful, but it doesn't make a player particularly better, or at least as much better as FM seems to think.

But I still don't get how players with a [non-edited, totally randomly generated by the game] Current Ability around 110-130 (thus worth of a 2* ratings for my team], and with a Potential Ability around 150-160 (this time worth of just 3* ratings, which is ridiculous considering I'm Rosenborg and not Chelsea] can have such pathetically low attributes.

Moreso, I still don't get how said attributes can be so skewed, or almost comically "off" for the specific position/area...

Defenders who can't defend, DMs who cant tackle/recover a ball, Strikers who can't shoot/finish...

As said above, one big problem is the hidden stats starting off low and then barely improving or not improving at all.

As for the player's you've shown, the problem isn't with "important" stats being low, as all but maybe one important stats in the screenies in the first post are better than the rest of stats. The problem, is that the CA rises far quicker than the attributes.

For instance, in my game Jack Wilshere had 199 PA (I edited his PA to -10) By 23 his CA is 190 (according to FMRTE). Yet his stats are that of a player at around 140 CA (looking at the players at the start of the game). 17 Dribbling is his best, rest around 12-14.

One gripe I also have is how much having a "strong" weaker foot drags the attributes down so much. I can understand why having good Physical stats does, but surely someone can be two footed without having much weaker attributes than someone else of the same CA? Having two good foot is useful, but it doesn't make a player particularly better, or at least as much better as FM seems to think.

i feel that two footedness is a major problem in the game and definitely shouldnt be weighted as highly.

Dreadful odd attributes are something many of us hate to see. You guys should look at the suggestion at my other thread named 'an idea about training'.

I raised a suggestion that i feel it's time SI should add to the current training system. That is an additional slider in the training section for us to choose one attribute that player have for extra training.

The mechanism of newgen production really needs improvement. Attributes need to be related to each other more than now. (eg. too many players with good heading around 15 but very poor jumping like 3)

The most important thing is, the hidden attributes are way too random.

If a newgen has a pretty high CA or PA, then he should also have a higher chance of having a more balanced hidden attributes too.

It's a bit ridiculous to have so many newgens with good attributes but with consistency like 7.

And also newgens with super PA like 180-190 but such low ambition and professionalism.

Overall, there needs to be a bit less randomness and a bit more inter-related attribute distribution.

My observation is that using the current regen model it is very difficult to replicate a player like Dzeko.

Dzeko is "Very Strong" on both feet and he has above average physical stats which define him as a strong target man. These 2 factors will surely take up a lot of his CA points.

However, his stats are perfectly well balanced and his "poorest" stats are 13 on my save. You cannot immediately pick out his flaws, which you can so easily do on some "world class" regens.

The things which make Dzeko so good are his two footedness and target man ability, and these actually make him better! Instead of stunting the rest of his stats like in certain regens who are two footed, physical beast, yet is a striker with decisions 5 and anticipation 6 while finishing is 20.

Both of those things are completely realistic.

Yeah, except in real life players often improve their consistency drastically as they grow, which does not happen in FM. (it only increases soometimes)

And yes it is true that often those with the great potential turn out to be not so dedicated and simply too lazy. That's not the problem.

The problem occurs when you think about it the other way around. When a player's perceived potential(PA) is not so high, but he is very hard working and has the determination to reach the top, then he also has a chance to improve himself through hard work.

But in FM, the regens are stuck with their PA and they can never go beyond their limit no matter how hard working and dedicated they are.

In real life we often see 25 or 26 year old players who suddenly click and become better through effort rather than naturally superior ability.

All this is very well reflected in the real life player database, because it is updated every 6 months or so by the researchers.

But when it comes to newgens, these things are completely ignored and they are all stuck with what they've got.

Well I remember reading on here that it is far better to have a player with 14 for every stat, than having 14-18 for key stats only for his role.

I guess we all see the game differently, to how SI want us to understand it.

Also a few of those players you complained about do have decent stats for their role. I mean - a wing back will never have really high tackling unless they are truly World class.

I have noticed however that the balancing of stats really ruins many players in FM.

Why is it you cannot have very high physical stats AND have high technical stats?

This is why I feel we see strange dispersion of attributes - I always see players who are great - but are slow, or are lightning fast and are woeful technically.

It is rather disturbing - however I have found some very good regens in my time (4 seasons played so far)

His stats sound incredible to be honest.

A rating of 15 is well above average, and 17 is very special especially when he is two footed.

Well I remember reading on here that it is far better to have a player with 14 for every stat, than having 14-18 for key stats only for his role.

I guess we all see the game differently, to how SI want us to understand it.

Also a few of those players you complained about do have decent stats for their role. I mean - a wing back will never have really high tackling unless they are truly World class.

I have noticed however that the balancing of stats really ruins many players in FM.

Why is it you cannot have very high physical stats AND have high technical stats?

This is why I feel we see strange dispersion of attributes - I always see players who are great - but are slow, or are lightning fast and are woeful technically.

It is rather disturbing - however I have found some very good regens in my time (4 seasons played so far)

How many current players in real life are great technically, lightning fast and very strong? Not very many.

His stats sound incredible to be honest.

A rating of 15 is well above average, and 17 is very special especially when he is two footed.

12-14 for the key areas I should add.

His stats are great, but for someone of 190 CA? A similar level to Messi is now, yet his stats at this stage are quite a distant apart from what Messi's start at. Only one stand out stat, the rest of his stats are fairly average.

Ftr, I'm not one of the people who like to gripe at every single thing of this game, but this is an issue I have noticed. Personally the regens in my game are pretty good and I haven't experienced any flaws with the stats mentioned in the first post.

In-fact, there's this absolutely immense newgen who's somehow not broken into the England team yet:

fmleeds14odonnell.png

And here's a few newgens I managed to snap up who aren't bad:

fmleeds14benitez.png

fmleeds14svensson.png

fmleeds14vdlaan.png

Jumping and Natural Fitness seems to be consistently low with newgens though, but not a major problem for me, I just play the ball on the ground as much as possible and I'm not sure what NF does (condition between match days? Match fitness?), but it's not affected me yet.

Archived