Again and again, loosing with good performances

Yep, go through my posts and the work I put in to my West Ham game.

Over 2 weeks of watching games in full mode, creating a tactic with lots of help from guides etc.

This was the result.

I think something is terribly wrong with FM at the moment and I cannot pinpoint what it is.

Are you running windows 98 or something? just wondering as FM10 eats a lot of computing power and that OS is quite old

Ezequiel_Lavezzi, I think you might be being slightly harsh on yourself. I've seen your posts and the effort you have made but playing as West Ham isn't easy. I'm playing as them at the moment and into my 3rd season. It's been hard to compete in the league and I've finished 9th and then 8th and have had some wildly inconsistent results (beating top teams whilst losing to supposed lesser teams). But I'm making progress and it's enjoyable

It takes time to build a team which can challenge and get consistent results home and away. I'd give it another go

Well, I haven't played FM since it was CM (emigrated to the US in 2000 and haven't been able to get it until 2009 version). I'm getting used to the changes in system AND UI and being successful with Newcastle United, when I first started I couldn't win an a$$ kicking contest with both legs against a bunch of 1 legged guys. So I kicked back a little read tactics suggestions followed some of them and my first serious attempt I got promoted to the Premier League leading the league in goalscoring, Goals from corners, and I only brought in 2 extra guys to do it on loan (no transfer funds), with one additional loaner (Simpson) already there.

I don't think it's the engine (I'm not saying its perfect by any means, but it's not terrible either), anyway I see almost daily postings from yzzycz on his issues and they're all about the same thing he has 20+ shots on goal and 1 in the net, have you tried to play on normal or slow tempo? This is a simulation, they take up YOUR time to tweak your playing settings and styles until they work for you, then adjust them against the opposition. That's where the fun is. Just buying 11 guys worth 350M and shoehorning them into a formation isn't going to work. Same as chasing 20's for your guys, that isn't going to work either.

Archived