me and bro want to play online against each other..PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

me and my brother have spent most of today trying to play online against each other on this wonderfull game..we hav followed every detail and still does not work..we both are running the game through steam and our connections are fine..we both have tried being the server and still its not working..its driving me crazy as it makes it out to be so easy.id be so greatfull if anyone could help me...thank you and hope to hear from u..

right .we are both playing through steam and the new updat version..i choose to be the server and load game and save it after i have chosen my team to be...my brother try's to refresh to see if my game comes up which it doesn't..he than clicks the "join other server" tab and put's in my ip address..it pauses 4 about 10 seconds and than says "unable to connect to server"..this happens when he is the server as well....i don't no what to do and its very frustrating..please help if possible..thank you for reply...

ive downloaded hamachi..it seems very complicated..what do i do now...its asking for my windows username and password but not accepting it..do i have to download fm10 onto this or does my brother just have to download hamachi as well and we can play?be very greatfull for your reply

It's probably just the ports that aren't open on your router, but I remember tryin FM09 network game on my Vista machine and never got it to work, while it did without problems on my XP pc and laptop. Vista is the horror !

there is no fee no, you both make a username and password and sign in then the host will have a number next to his name give that to the other person and join their network on hamachi then type the same number in on the join server screen (in FM) and it should work

Hamachi makes the game slow for me if I use that to play online.

Your best bet is to open your ports. You'll need to go into the settings in your router and open ports 10093-10094.

really? unless in patch 2 they have improved the speed when i connected the normal way by IP it was real slow compared to now with hamachi it's been fine

Archived