Players Swapping sides...

Apologies if this has been asked before...

I've got 2 Attacking Wingers, one is an AML/AMR the other is just an AMR.

If I set them to swap position then will the AMR's performance be really poor when playing on the left ?

If so, is it still worth doing ?

Should I maybe try to train my AMR to also function as AML ?

Swapping the positions may slightly effect the performance, but it shouldn't do too much harm. The Idea of it is to keep freshening up both wings and keep the full backs guessing, the wingers will interchange throughout the game. The one downside I've found is that it may disrupt the flow of your team and your fullbacks can be exposed during the changeover

It 'might' be poor but it depends.

I've played AMR wingers on the opposite side and had success so it can be worth doing. It can work well with full backs geting forward and overlapping but it is not really a good idea to play a player out of position too much, so unless he can play AML it's probably best to keep him on the other side most of the time.

No harm in trying him on the other side though and swapping your wingers can be effective.

I would think if they can't play on the opposite wing it would make it worse.

I wondered if you had it set to swap position, do you have to set it for both players, or does that just make it happen more often.

I think it all depends on the setting you have for the player as well.

If you mark them as 'wingers' or 'attacking midfielders' then the swop may do harm. However if they are marked as 'inside forwards' (depending on the formation you are playing) then playing them on opposite sides is recommended as they will cut in alot more onto their favoured foot and cause much more damage.

I think it all depends on the setting you have for the player as well.

If you mark them as 'wingers' or 'attacking midfielders' then the swop may do harm. However if they are marked as 'inside forwards' (depending on the formation you are playing) then playing them on opposite sides is recommended as they will cut in alot more onto their favoured foot and cause much more damage.

Agreed.

Many teams play this way, with right-footed wingers on the left and vice-versa. The point is to get your full backs overlapping so there is both the inside and outside option.

I've been doing this since I started playing Fm09. I usually train my wingers/AMR to play on the other side and since they swap position every game, they play very well in their new position in 3 or 4 months.

I had no trouble about the full backs. They overlap the wingers whenever they try to go to middle. Now that I'm thinking about it, that's one of my main strengths.

Archived