They say never go back.

well i just wanted to know if anyone has gone back to a club when you have moved on to another club. eg i had 3 good years with boca juniors and juventus offerd me a job i moved on, 5 seasons later i want to go back to boca were it all began for me i applied but they gave the job to someone else... is it possible to go back has anyone ever done it:)

No i don't think i ever have. I have taken over a team i was before, but by starting a new game.

I don't think you can unless you use a editor or something, because as soon as you leave a club you go on their hated list. (100% disliked by them)

No matter how long or how good you did for them, you always go 100% on their dis-liked list..

It's very difficult to go back due to the fact that once you leave, you are 100% disliked.

That's stupid in my opinion. Just have to look at Harry Redknapp going back to Portsmouth, Geoff Chapple back to Woking etc. In my game I'm considered a legend at Chelsea but if I left will i get taken off that list?

I did it with Spurs on 09. Took them to the top of the English game and left to help my local team (MK Dons) and established them in the prem, by which time some numpty who took over at Spurs had got them relegated twice. So I went back and was attempting to establish them again in the prem when FM10 came out.

That's stupid in my opinion. Just have to look at Harry Redknapp going back to Portsmouth, Geoff Chapple back to Woking etc. In my game I'm considered a legend at Chelsea but if I left will i get taken off that list?

Yeah if you leave or get sacked etc. You will no longer be a legend and won't be on the list, you will become 100% disliked.

Does seem daft that no matter what you do or how long you stay, you will always go on the disliked personale list when you leave.

had almost happen to me on fm 09 when i had good 5 season at chelmsford getting the team to championship and missed the play off places so following season i left to join fulham with fans' blessing, and sign loads class player and got to second place in league miss out by two points and following season again but this time one points then next two year league champion and one champion league winner also two fa cups.

i checked how my old team doing and saw them in bottom of league one so i thought i won every thing i can at fulham and i haven't complete my target to get chelmsford to premiership so i apply for the job and they accepted and offer me wages etc ready to sign until last mins Barcelona come in for me and i sign for them instead.

now u mention it i now wished i should sign back to old club see what happen.

It is possible to go back to a previous club although only if you get sacked.

So basically we can basically leave a club we want to go back to by presenting an ultimatum to the board.

That's good to know. I'm planning to leave Liverpool in 2015 (last year of my contract) travel the world a bit then hopefully go back.

That guy went back to Huddersfield what, three times? Sorry, can't be bothered to look his name up.

I got the sack from Leeds and tried every year to get back but was never successful. Even tried this with Cheltenham once.

Chelsea fans still bleat about wanting Jose Mourinho back, he certainly isn't on their hated list.

It's very difficult to go back due to the fact that once you leave, you are 100% disliked.

Pretty sure this isn't permanent though, so it will diminish over time. It's just, presumably, to stop a club sacking a manager and then immediately offering him the job again.

I'm quite sure that you can go back after a certain amount of time has elapsed.

well i did it not with a club but a nation, started off as Serbia, qualified for world cup, made the 1/4 finals lost to spain 9-8 in penalties, got offered notts country job which i took, promotion from league 2 to league 1 in 2010-11, halfway through league 1 season serbia sacked their manager for poor performance so i apllied and got it, qualified for euro 2012 in the playoffs, semis agaist england got killed 4-1, qualified world cup 2014 in brazil made the quaters again lost to france 3-2, athletico madrid came knocking so took on the job got sacked after 19 games, decimated by injuries and first ever look at the spanish leagues and i just couldnt cut the mustard, got offered charlton job which i took till end of season saved them from relegation from league 2, fiorentina came calling spent 3 seasons with them finished 6th, 4th and 5th, serbian manager again sacked after poor performance at worl cup applied and got it the next day, just about to start euro qualifying, wish me luck!

Shouldnt this 100% dislike thing be removed from the game. Because in real life people leave clubs and go back to managing them again at a later date. Surely a club would understand that you might want to leave to further your career and might like to go back to the club some day in the future. I dont see why FM wont allow you to do this?

Pretty sure this isn't permanent though, so it will diminish over time. It's just, presumably, to stop a club sacking a manager and then immediately offering him the job again.

I'm quite sure that you can go back after a certain amount of time has elapsed.

I'm not sure, something I may give a test run to though at some point.

I moved to Villa about 7 seasons in, had a good 4 seasons there winning league twice and a few other trophies. Then I resigned, went to Sevilla but it didn't work out so left after 1 season and then was out of a job for a year before going back to Villa for another season to help push them back up, before of course Real came knocking.

So yeah, I've gone back to a club I once managed.

Surely this is something that could be at least partially addressed by adding a press conference/statement after a manager leaves a club (or adding questions to the conference after taking a new job). Probably shouldn't apply if a manager has been sacked (you generally don't hear from sacked managers formally until they start doing specific media interviews irl), but if you move on without being sacked perhaps you should get the opportunity to give your reasons and your feelings - Offer I couldn't refuse/Felt it was time for a new challenge/Taken the club as far as I could/Difference of opinion with the board. With the feelings about the move it could be altered depending on your time with the club or reputation there so a long-serving manager who had brought success would be able to say they would always have a soft spot for the club or hoped the fans would understand the move. In the latter case it might be a bit tricky to provide a negative option, but if you're just trying to mitigate an inevitable loss (say 100 points of overall reputation with the club up to the maximum 100 dislike) then it would still work (ie giving the best answers would see you lose nothing - it wouldn't be realistic to gain rep by leaving - while giving some good and some indifferent answers would lead to a loss of 30 points and take you from legendary to favoured personnel or from indifferent to mildly disliked.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Why should that have to be the case? There are many instances when it would be, but there are many managers who would be welcomed back at clubs. Pompey even took 'Arry back after he went to Southampton!

That's cos he left Portsmouth with the sole intention of getting Southampton relegated... :rolleyes:

Surely this is something that could be at least partially addressed by adding a press conference/statement after a manager leaves a club (or adding questions to the conference after taking a new job). Probably shouldn't apply if a manager has been sacked (you generally don't hear from sacked managers formally until they start doing specific media interviews irl), but if you move on without being sacked perhaps you should get the opportunity to give your reasons and your feelings - Offer I couldn't refuse/Felt it was time for a new challenge/Taken the club as far as I could/Difference of opinion with the board. With the feelings about the move it could be altered depending on your time with the club or reputation there so a long-serving manager who had brought success would be able to say they would always have a soft spot for the club or hoped the fans would understand the move. In the latter case it might be a bit tricky to provide a negative option, but if you're just trying to mitigate an inevitable loss (say 100 points of overall reputation with the club up to the maximum 100 dislike) then it would still work (ie giving the best answers would see you lose nothing - it wouldn't be realistic to gain rep by leaving - while giving some good and some indifferent answers would lead to a loss of 30 points and take you from legendary to favoured personnel or from indifferent to mildly disliked.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Personally I think this is a very good idea and a good way to move the game forward generally as well as solving this issue.

Archived