Ok, I got FM10 about 2/3 weeks ago, installed it on my computer - and so far everything is running fine. Whilst installing it I didn't have an option to install via Steam or not (It did say express option (Recomended) or another option, I picked express, I don't know whether this has anything to do with it). So at the moment FM10 is installed, but not through Steam.

Basically, my question is; can I move the game to Steam so I don't have to keep removing the disc and putting it back in, whilst keeping my save? Or will I have to uninstall and then reinstall?

I do have Steam installed thanks to last years game but, like I already mentioned, FM10 is not installed through Steam.

Alright, cheers mate. Couple more questions:

Will I still need to insert and remove the disc (Does FM still let you play without a disc?)

And also, I went to Control Panel a while back, deleted FM09, however it's still on my Steam account and it's status is "100% Ready". Does this mean I can still play it - and if so, can I do the same with FM08 and FM07

Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated. :thup:

Alright, cheers mate. Couple more questions:

Will I still need to insert and remove the disc (Does FM still let you play without a disc?)

And also, I went to Control Panel a while back, deleted FM09, however it's still on my Steam account and it's status is "100% Ready". Does this mean I can still play it - and if so, can I do the same with FM08 and FM07

Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated. :thup:

If you go through Steam you wont need the disc. Steam would probably have re-downloaded the game data for FM09, so yes you can play it. You can't do it with 08 and 07 as these aren't supported by Steam.

Hope this helps :)

Archived