Football Manager: What's your method for playing?

I play Football Manager as much as time permits me, and have done for many years. Now, I come across people on these forums who are already 5, 10, 15 seasons into to their latest save using the 10.2 patch and everytime the first thing that crosses my mind is: How? How are these people so far into a save?

I don't really mess around between games, but do like to watch full games as I see this as the best way of seeing whats going right / wrong, however 2 - 4 seasons is generally my maximum before the next release. And I can't help but think that I'm missing out on the full indepth features of this game as a result.

So i'm just curious really, how far do you tend to get before your next save? How much of your games do you watch? Do you watch them at all? How long does it take you to complete a game year?

I'd like to hear from all points of view, so whether you manage one game season or one hundred, how do you play Football Manager?

I only watch the first few when I'm making a new tactic, or when thing start going badly.

Most of the time I just watch the goal replays to figure what went wrong.

I watch key highlights at a very high speed.

Yeah, I thought this may be the case, I used to play like this but personally as releases have progressed I've found I need to watch more and more of any game to gain any success.

Most of the time I just watch the goal replays to figure what went wrong.

Do you make use of the touch line shouts etc or have you remained on the side of sliders in the sliders vs. creator battle?!

I normal play through a season or two with highlights and no replays then when i have a steady squad where only 2 or 3 new players come in a season then i holiday apart from the hard games. Unless its a challenge save then i pay alot of attention otherwise i just put all my effort into tactics, squad and training as bigdanio.

Mainly due to the match engine making me laugh alot and i can't take that much laughter in 90 mins.

Yeah, I thought this may be the case, I used to play like this but personally as releases have progressed I've found I need to watch more and more of any game to gain any success.

Do you make use of the touch line shouts etc or have you remained on the side of sliders in the sliders vs. creator battle?!

Never used the touch line shouts.

Archived