"It's your teamtalks"

For anyone underachieving in the game with sensible tactics and good players, I'd like to really recommend you head over to the Tactics forum and take a look at this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=182360

Its a really simple guide to teamtalks but it has made a huge difference to my (and others) results.

I know many of you in General Discussion often don't have time to peruse the tactics forum, so I hope this is of some use. I also hope the OP is happy with my forwarding the link over here.

Cheers,

Sam.

"NEVER use pleased" is the moral of the day I think lol

Unless you are at the end of the match which you won easily.

Please and Thrilled work great for me.

Obviously only use them in certain situations.

Two games ago I was ahead at Blackburn at Ewood Park and ahead by two. Playing them off the park, amazing football was being played by my team.

Told them I was thrilled. Match ended 5-0 for me.

I also always start my matches with I expect a win. If I'm playing stronger opposition at home I choose "you can win", if it's away I wish them Luck.

Works for me.

Although there are a number of players that need to be given individual team talks, because they're either too young or have low moral.

The legend that is Wo1fsong is bringing out his guide to teamtalks for FM10 in a couple of days.

Will definitely look forward to that. I find teamtalks rather counter-intuitive to be honest.

The idea of using the Motivation indicator as opposed to ratings to determine matchday decisions is completely new to me but is yielding excellent results.

Team talks have way too much influence. It is a typically British pretension to think that football is all about "passion."

Yes I would agree with that. Whilst verbal motivation can have some influence, there's no way it should be treated as important as clear instruction, technical ability or tactical setup.

there is one big flaw, is that ppl think motivation actually change everything in game..

i had so many stormer games who started with mere "playing ok " on every player,

i had so many bleh second corners, even when everyone is motivated and playing with confidence... teamtalks have effect.. but if you look at motivation as only thing.. ur wrong..

heck i had 8 - 0 games in first half. saying im pleased or something.. when everyone is having "having storming game "playing with confidence "and second half ends up with total fiasko .. same 8-0 with me launching 2 attacks in whole half time..

Teamtalks needs to be looked at! It doesnt make sense when you choose 'wish luck' before a game and your players get demotivated. Choosing 'you can win tonight' can also get you players 'happy, seems demotivated'. Choosing either 1 of this 2 before kick off have a chance to lose the match before you kick the ball. It's ridiculous!

Player with 6.8 rating, motivation looking complacent. At HT talk 'dont let your performance drop'. Reaction = Angered, seems confused. What's there to be confused about?

DONT get complacent makes your players gain all the complacency in the world. Maybe it should be written as, DO get complacent!

For the fans? Even on a home game,the way the players play says 'who fans? Such creature exsist?'

Only options safe to choose from 'have faith', which makes your player happy, sometimes makes them play better, most times stay the same. 'Expect performance', 'expect a win', 'pick up where you left off', even those often make your team belly up with pressure.

Teamtalk? Feels broken right now. The range of reaction that you can get is too extreme, feels like a lottery. Im hoping SI can make it more neutral instead of negative reaction.

Right now, it's preety unfair that the AI manager knows what to choose all the time and consistently get the their team fired up where us, human manager playing the GAME getting the shaft because teamtalk back fired (much more on some of us). I dont think in RL teamtalk plays this much part to the extent that a team in high morale and good form to have the motivation of a bum because of a teamtalk.

Archived