AI rejecting high transfer bids

Hello. I'm playing my first FM2010 game as Modena and I'm having trouble understanding the AI managers' behaviour for transfers. A few days ago two different teams offered players to me and others. The other AI teams bid the EXACT amount requested and were accepted, but my bids were rejected even when 3x as high. What's going on here? Do they hate me personally? Don't they want to sell to a club with low club stature? Is the AI cheating? Something else?

It might be that the managers don't like me, even though I'm always so nice when talking to the press. They must think I'm being sarcastic... Come to think of it, the local reporter hates me too :)

One of the teams may have been a rival. I assumed they would just check the "don't offer to rivals" if they didn't want to sell to one, but maybe they don't or maybe it doesn't work very well?

I don't remember what teams did it to be honest, but I'll have to take a look at those things if it happens again. Thanks.

most likely the AI bids are 'an initial offer of....'

as an example: an initial offer of £2m, plus 20% profit clause, plus £8m over 48 months will be more than your £6m but the news screen will show them as an initial offer of £2m versus a bid of £6m.

needs to be ammended on the news screens because the AI nearly always puts the bulk in monthly payments.

make sure you dont have deadline set for your offer.. i used to have it.. and took me a while till i bothered to read whole thing where it says that team wont accept any offer with deadline, due high interest in player
if its becuase they dislike you or it is a rival, i am sure it says so when your bid is rejected.

Never seen anything about them disliking me or being a rival, so it's probably the deadline thing which I'm sure I've seen somewhere. I'll have to pay attention to what they say next time and not just assume they're greedy basterds. Thanks guys.

Archived