English regens ineligible to play for England?

OK, I have the patch 10.2 installed and I am now in July 2015. I signed some English young regens (age between 15-16) and decided to call them up to the English squad. (Yes, I am using FMRTE to make them super players but that is besides the point). But I am able to add them into the England squad but when I go to the England squad page, it is shown that they are INELIGIBLE to play for England! I moved them into the England U21, U20 and U19 squads and there are no such problems whatsoever! Mind you, they are pure English breeds and they do not have a second nationality at all! Why is this so? Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Is this a bug? Please help! This is truly ruining my game! :(

No, this is clearly, not a FMRTE glitch (why must the blame always go to this beloved software? :D). I called up a young 15 year old English regen (aged 15) without modifying his attributes and he is still ineligible to play for England! I can call him up to the squad but the squad status show that he is ineligible! Must there be a minimum age to be able to play for senior English squad?

• Administrators

Probably 16, then? (child labour laws?)

If thats not it, then it'll be an FMRTE thing. Or try replicate it without editing players?

Probably 16, then? (child labour laws?)

If thats not it, then it'll be an FMRTE thing. Or try replicate it without editing players?

Yes, I have called up an English regen who is 15 years old without editing him but he is still ineligible to play for England! Is there a minimum age to play for England?

• Administrators

Either way, I doubt SI will look at your save, even if players under 16 can play for England, because of the editing.

Ok then, it's probably a minimum age thing, try changing their age to 16 in FMRTE and see if they can play then. If the answers still no then its most likely a glitch with FMRTE

this is the best idea. pick an age you are sure works though, like 18.

Ok then, it's probably a minimum age thing, try changing their age to 16 in FMRTE and see if they can play then. If the answers still no then its most likely a glitch with FMRTE

Yes,I have finally solved the problem! The minimum age to play for England is 16! I increased the age of one of the regens and he is eligible to play for England! Thanks for your help guys! Thank goodness it is not a FMRTE glitch! :D

Yes,I have finally solved the problem! The minimum age to play for England is 16! I increased the age of one of the regens and he is eligible to play for England! Thanks for your help guys! Thank goodness it is not a FMRTE glitch! :D

That's a game bug then if not an FMRTE glitch

There is no minimum age to play for England. Or a club for that matter. You just have to get permission of certain people (parents, headteacher if still at school) and then they can play whatever the age.

I myself had this problem - created myself as a superstar rated 15 year old and found that while i could call him up he wasnt able to play in any of the world cup qualifiers but could play in the friendlys before hand.

I assume there must be some rule that under 16's cannot play in world cup games (thankfully he turned 16 before the world cup :p)

• 3 months later...
That's a game bug then if not an FMRTE glitch

There is no minimum age to play for England. Or a club for that matter. You just have to get permission of certain people (parents, headteacher if still at school) and then they can play whatever the age.

They need dispensation from the Competition (the Football League, the Premier League, the FA, UEFA, FIFA).

Archived