surprising international managers

Guest josh9393

Guest josh9393

Recently in the game I've seen lots of surprising appointments to international management positions, particularly lots of inexperienced managers - I'm in 2026.

Brazil have hired Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Emilson Cribari, Lucio, Kaka!, Felipe Melo, Brandao, Vagner Love!, Denilson and Keirrison! All of them in 13 years, since 2013, and all of them having the job as their first in management. Not one of them has lasted more than 14 months!

England have got Joe Mattock, his first job.

Spain have had Jose Sarriegi and now have Fernando Torres - both their first jobs.

France have had Jeremy Toulalan and Argentina have had Gabriel Milito and Matias Defederico.

Have you seen any surprising international managers in the game?

I'm gonna guess that it's because they have all been on the favoured personnel lists or whatever for these countries and that's why they've been getting the jobs. Good on Joey Mattock though, the boys going places.

not so much about the coaches, but the international ranking. in my save, belgium is the number 1 in international ranking.

not that i'm complaining, as i am belgian. But given their recent performances i think it's funny they stand first in my FM save :D

Brazil have gone through about 12 managers on my game, too. I've never been able to understand why they sack managers so often. I took the job mid-way through a world cup in 2014, got knocked out in the semi-final and then after the game, opened a message in my inbox to find out that I'd been sacked. I was left a little confused, especially since the board "understood that I hadn't been in charge very long and wouldn't hold me responsible for the world cup results". :confused:

Its just reflecting real life - Mark Hughes, Jurgen Klinnsman and Diego Maradona have all had the international job as their first job in management.

(BTW not an international job but the manager of Championship side Huddersfield Town in my game is none other than Kieron Dyer...)

Guest josh9393
Its just reflecting real life - Mark Hughes, Jurgen Klinnsman and Diego Maradona have all had the international job as their first job in management.QUOTE]

good point that - none of them have really set the world alight have they, management-wise :D

Its just reflecting real life - Mark Hughes, Jurgen Klinnsman and Diego Maradona have all had the international job as their first job in management.QUOTE]

good point that - none of them have really set the world alight have they, management-wise :D

I dunno... I'd say Klinnsman did pretty well with Germany

Its just reflecting real life - Mark Hughes, Jurgen Klinnsman and Diego Maradona have all had the international job as their first job in management.

Maradona has previously managed club sides Deportivo Textil Mandiyú and Racing Club.

Archived