Running FM10 with Steam

I have searched but cannot find the answer to this - Is there anyway I can stop steam from running after I start the game and still play ? I am having problems with jerky match 3D and want to close as much as possible while playing.

I have searched but cannot find the answer to this - Is there anyway I can stop steam from running after I start the game and still play ? I am having problems with jerky match 3D and want to close as much as possible while playing.

Don't think so. Would running it in "offline mode" help do you think?

To be honest, Steam consumes barely any resources, and the what is does use when idle is only RAM, it's not using any CPU or GPU so I doubt that closing it would make your 3D any better - unless your system is seriously underpowered to begin with.

Can you tell us your system specs?

Cheers for the reply.

System is good. 2.1 Ghz dual core processor with 4GB RAM.

I am getting increasingly annoyed with the jerky matches so trying everything. (already updated video drivers, java and directx). Seems to be jerky regardless of detail level as well. Closed everything except FM as well including AV.

Just to be clear this isn't a moaning thread I am just hoping to get advice to rid myself of this problem.

if you right click on the steam icon in the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, you can change the properties and options of steam. as steam has several online options open as standard ie friends and chat and stuff, meaning if you don't use steam community then it is pointless, so disabling this MAY help, not guaranteed though.

Sorry I can't be of more help, only a suggestion.

I'd honestly consider defragmentation and a clean before you start shutting things down.

Have a look here for CCleaner and a free defrag tool.

Windows has its own disk cleanup and a defragmenter, without downloading anything unrequired ie "FREE" never is it comes with pop-ups and add-ons, people don't work and produce free computer programs.

Windows defragger is pretty useless. Last time I tried it it took about 14 hours to defag my computer, while my downloaded IOBit version takes between 40 minutes and an hour. Frankly most of the free Windows stuff is rubbish, remember they really want you to buy the dear stuff. To the OP try running game booster also from IOBit its fairly good. The way it works is by closing down all the programs that runn in the background but which are not essential for the running of your computer, thus freeing up RAM and CPU space.

I would also download a deeper virus scan like Malwarebytes, to run in conjunction with your normal one (i.e. your normal one on daily scan and perma open during internet, and the other one once a month to get at the deeper trojans and rootkits that can sometimes be missed).

Windows has its own disk cleanup and a defragmenter, without downloading anything unrequired ie "FREE" never is it comes with pop-ups and add-ons, people don't work and produce free computer programs.

Both of which are dire.

The second part of your statement is nonsense and should be retracted.

Both of which are dire.

The second part of your statement is nonsense and should be retracted.

Retracted.

I just don't like using 3rd party software when I don't need to.

I may try these reccomendations though. am due to totally replace my PC so a trial wont do any harm, Cheers.

Cheers for the reply.

System is good. 2.1 Ghz dual core processor with 4GB RAM.

I am getting increasingly annoyed with the jerky matches so trying everything. (already updated video drivers, java and directx). Seems to be jerky regardless of detail level as well. Closed everything except FM as well including AV.

You dont need to close your av just set it up so that when its scanning it ignores any folders that FM uses. Try something called game booster which might help.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Archived