Bogey question in press conferences

It's rare that I upset my players with answers given at a press conference, but when questioned about a rival team's chances in an upcoming game I regularly get my answer "wrong" and my players react badly. How much this affects my chances in the coming game or morale overall I don't know, but it's been bugging me. There appears to be no "right" way to answer this question, even refusing to answer the question upsets my players. Is this intentional?

Even refusing to answer upsets them...that's weird. On the opponent's chances, I usually put the middle comment (I do not care to comment on team A) or something like that. They usually don't have a reaction to it, but that might just be me. I always pick answers that you sound good in a normal press conference (Note: I'm not one of those players that have press conferences outside of the game).

I think it depends on how your players take the comments individually. Some may be negatively affected, some not at all. Other than that I'm not sure how much it will affect your chances.

i always respond with something on this one, especially if its about an upcoming game....if its one of my title rivals i often say it'll be a tricky one for them to navigate or i cant see them winning.....more often than not it works and my rivals drop points....depends on how determined the team in question is

if its one of my title rivals i often say it'll be a tricky one for them to navigate or i cant see them winning
I do the same sometimes, though I find more often than not it upsets my players, even if it's a game my rival may realistically struggle in. Very strange. I don't know how much of an effect it has on my rival, though I often find my players turning in below-par performances in the game the press conference is for. In pretty much any other question other than this one I always either make my players happy or there is no response at all.

Away at Arsenal in the Cup, things haven't been going well so I say something like "we can win". Players didn't react well,,,,, I mean what am I meant to say, we are gonna get stuffed!!!
The game seems to have some kinda inbuilt tabloid mentality where every statement can be twisted and misconstrued. Like when a player requests a move and I tell him I understand his ambition and that we will try to match it etc and it translates as player x "told to stay".

Archived