Anyone ever seen Manchester United relegated?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poster above is typical..

That being said, I've seen them go into administration twice and get relegated as a result in FM08. Wish it would happen IRL.

When you know about football you know my post is spot on.........your location says it all really

When you know about football you know my post is spot on.........your location says it all really

If your post is "spot on" then why have Man Utd gone into administration and been relegated in my saves in FM08? Also, other posters above have seen it happen. So much for "spot on."

As for my location, at least I don't support Man Utd. My location has nothing to do with my knowledge of the game, my dedication to it or the fact that your original post was amusing to say the least.

Doesn't happen in fm and will never happen in the real football world......U-N-I-T-E-D

I have another 35+ years on this planet. I guarantee it happens before I'm gone. In 2000 You would of rolled your eyes at anyone saying Leeds would be in the 3rd level within 10 years. Nottingham Forest was king of the world in the 80s.

loads of man united fans in leicester, i know as i lived there. man utd fans boast all the time because they win things. they seem to forget they havent even been to manchester.

i believe people shud support the team where they come from. Leicester will always be my team even if they end up in the unibond 1 day. I also go to matches.

loads of man united fans in leicester, i know as i lived there. man utd fans boast all the time because they win things. they seem to forget they havent even been to manchester.

i believe people shud support the team where they come from. Leicester will always be my team even if they end up in the unibond 1 day. I also go to matches.

True I guess, my wifes from Leicester & her cousins support Man Utd but im from Hemel Hempstead & support Arsenal! look it up on a map & call me what you like....

United finished 8th in my second season... and have conceded 7 goals in their last 2 visits to my ground...

For what it's worth, If it wasn't for the second World War, Manchester United and AFC Bournemouth would be the completely opposite way round.

it`s a well known fact there are more Man United fans everywhere but manchester as the people in manchester support man city stockport or oldham

Awesome fact, until you realise that there are probably many many more Man U fans than there are people in Manchester.

With the Premier League being marketed all over the world it's probably a safe bet to say that most of a clubs fanbase live outside the clubs home city.

What's probably more relevant is to say that most mancunians don't support Utd.

Doesn't happen in fm and will never happen in the real football world......U-N-I-T-E-D

you are 23 yet posting like a 12 year old!

It has happened in real football - admittedly before you were born but many of us remember United in the 2nd Division, finishing 14th or 15th under Fergie. Anything is possible in football and the way Liverpool and Man Utd are going in financial terms it would be beyond the realms of possibility, especially when Ferguson retires.

I remember a while ago on FM05 I think it was, I had a long running game in which both Newcastle and Liverpool were relegated from the Premier League. That was back when it was very odd to think that Newcastle could get relegated. I also remember Ipswich getting back in the EPL and doing very well for themselves in that file. Funny things can happen in the FM world, but in my many years of playing it, I don't think I've even seen Man Utd relegated.

Denis Law, no?

On topic, never seen any of the big 4 relegated, although Arsenal are 17th with 8 games to go in 2015. They wont go down as the points difference between them and 18th is something like 9 points, its still possible but unlikely.

In my FM08 save, I reached 2057. Man Utd were playing in the Championship in that save, as well as Sheffield United in League 2, Norwich City, (my beloved) in the Blue Square Premier and on the other side of the scale Torino, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn Rovers and Aberdeen were the major powers in Europe!

Once you get so far into the game then each game is different. This, in my opinion is due to the talent of regenerated managers. Sometimes a really good regen manager starts at a lowly club and starts them on the path to success before somebody else takes them the rest of the way.

Yes, their debt means they never sign anyone above mediocre and often lose their best players at contract renewal.

I havenet seen them go below the CCC though, i think their massive reputation attracts managers and crowds that keep them at at least this level.

well said! Im a Man Utd fan from Manchester. Season ticket holder. Born and raised 3 miles from City Centre. Im sick to death of City fans slagging us off sayin all our fans are from London or China. You should support your local team no matter who they are or what league they are in. Im fortunate enough to be from Manchester and was brought up following United.

As for the relegation thing. Ive never seen it in the game but with the way things are IRL i wouldnt be surprised if we did a Leeds within 10 years if the Glazers stay

Eh, to me you should support who you want to support and then stick with them (And yes I do support Man Utd, but while it would mean nothing it was because of a poster of Ryan Giggs, which was what did it before I really knew how they were :) ).

Also I always find it odd when people say you should support their local team when their "local team" has multiple non-league teams between them and the club.

But I've never really got into hating other clubs (Just the people at the clubs) or hoping for teams to collapse financially either, so that's just me :)

All very tight in my current game.

Season 4, 2nd to 6th place has been at most a 3 point spread for 3 seasons, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, and Man City all in a battle to the death each year.

Can't see it changing in season 5 either, although Newcastle were top 3 until fading after easter. (God knows how, dreadful team lineup)

All very tight in my current game.

Season 4, 2nd to 6th place has been at most a 3 point spread for 3 seasons, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, and Man City all in a battle to the death each year.

Can't see it changing in season 5 either, although Newcastle were top 3 until fading after easter. (God knows how, dreadful team lineup)

IN virtually all of my saves on FM in the last few years, blackburn always seem to turn themselves into a top 4 team within a few seasons even though they have terrible players. Never understood it!

I fail to see your point when Aston Villa are one of two teams that represent the city of Birmingham.

Yes and Birmingham being what, 2nd largest city in England? The figures posted there are deceiving to say the least.

Archived