Denying interest in another job

When you're linked with another job and you tell the press you're not interested, you get a message from your board saying that they are pleased with you for doing so. Does this have any real effect? As in, does it actually make the board warm further to you? Does it have an effect on the players?

In my experience it can affect the other team approaching you.

I have only had teams still approach me if I make no comment about their interest, so far any team I have said I'm not interested in have never offered me the job.

In my experience it can affect the other team approaching you.

I have only had teams still approach me if I make no comment about their interest, so far any team I have said I'm not interested in have never offered me the job.

same as above. if iam interested i put no comment as they will then sometimes offer u the job. also helps me avoid trouble if i dont get the offer

Both of these mirror my experiences.

Another question.. When you say this, does the other team backoff? or do they approach you with an offer anyway?

most of the time with me nothing came of it after i said that, or even declined to comment, but once chelsea offered me the job despite me saying i didnt want it

Archived