Been Disappointing, ARE YOU SERIOUS????

Ok this has me stuffed, im assuming that it is a bug because its 100% incorrect. Im currently sitting 3rd in the CCL1 after 15 games and in every press report regarding my team it says that my team have been disappointing in the league and currently sit 3rd, how can that be???? I was picked at the start of the season to be a relegation candidate and I am surpassing all expectations, I should be reaping the praise but instead I fear that the constant bad press may cause me to be sacked easier, what do you guys think?

that does sound quite strange. have you been on a poor run of form lately? a lot of draws for example?

this could be the reason but does it really matter if he has. If at the start of the season they was expected to be fighting against relegation then they are doing well. They could draw every game from now on and finish 15th and they have still done well considering what the expectation was

I have a very good record, 10 wins 2 losses and 3 draws, the only losses were against the two sides ahead of me on the table. My board are delighted with me so why cant the press see that? I would also like to add that this is my first season in the CCL1 so surely that should count for something as well.

this could be the reason but does it really matter if he has. If at the start of the season they was expected to be fighting against relegation then they are doing well. They could draw every game from now on and finish 15th and they have still done well considering what the expectation was

well yes in absolute terms yes. but thinking more laterally at the situation, if a club is playing well enough to get a position well above its station, if it hits a poor run of form people will be disappointed as they have raised the bar to a new level.

They probably reconsidered along the way. Did you buy great players? Put the club on the brink of ruin? It's most likely that your team had low expectations on the grounds of what was in the club, at the time. But it's anyones' guess without more info.

Ive had the same squad for the past 2 season adding only a couple of new players so it cant be anything to do with the team having great players and our financial situation is very good, I think we only have a very small debt of about 30k. But as I said the board is very happy with me so why isnt the media?

Ive had the same squad for the past 2 season adding only a couple of new players so it cant be anything to do with the team having great players and our financial situation is very good, I think we only have a very small debt of about 30k. But as I said the board is very happy with me so why isnt the media?
Sounds like the numerous bugs that FM 2010 needs to iron out. As long as it doesn't affect how the club regards you.

One of my problems is that the press thinks that Arsenal and Tottenham are vastly inferior to mine, and ask if my team would have a problem being motivated for facing them in ChL quarterfinals or semis. Yes, this game is full of these little oddities.

Sorry it is the best I can do, when you haven't elevated the potential of the club while being there(at least not to the degree where the press is content with a 3rd placing). My best bet is that the press is expecting more than the club, and are doing so on behalf of how you have excelled(to them this being the norm).

you must have told the board before the season that you'd win the title - then the game tries to annoy you if after a while it looks like you might not do it. The game keeps commenting that you're disappointing, and the players say the same thing. The board is the only group that actually might be entitled to be a little disappointed.

Archived