The craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done.

I'm asking this now, because i did something in the game that i think i shouldn't have done lol

I searched every single country in the world, literally, to find potential signings below the age of 22, from continent to continent. Apparently i made 152 offers ... yes 152 ... my goal was to loan everyone than would eventually sign for my team but 152 players is just stupid, i really thought i had only made like 50 offers or something but considering i already have around 40 players on loan i would have enough players to make 9, 10 teams..

Anyway, your time to share :D

I accidentally let a 25 year old Balotelli's contract run down to 12 months left then he said he wanted a new challenge and I eventually lost him on a free transfer to Real Madrid despite trying everything I could to get him to sign.

Sometimes I do something similar (though not as crazy as you - 152, you're mad).

I usually buy/loan too many players, and being a person who prefers a slim squad, I have to send a few seasons trimming. I have a really hard time getting clubs to buy players from me, though. Notts County is usually the only club that comes sniffing.

I had a regen named Iker Isnaola from Spain that I got from Barca B, I brought him to Bristol Rovers and he was bagging goals at the age of 18 in the Championship for me, I lost him on the last day of the transfer window because I went on HOLIDAY and only got 1.2 mill for him, he ended up going to Valencia the next year for 6 mil. :(

152 though? Anyone good?

I took over AZ Alkmaar in about 2011, and didn't realise there were players in the reserves when I joined that were superior to the ones in the first team. I didn't really bother looking at the reserves, struggled all season, some of them left on frees at the end of contract and joined my rivals, becoming ace in the process.

Always look at the reserves when taking over a new club. Lesson learned.

It involved a bottle of aftershock, a police car and a pineapp.....oh, you mean on FM? I kept starting my legendary striker in the hope of getting him past 1000 career apps/goals, even at the age of 37 when he shouldn't have got in the team. He ended on about 970/985 when I was sacked for only being mid-table.

It involved a bottle of aftershock, a police car and a pineapp.....oh, you mean on FM? I kept starting my legendary striker in the hope of getting him past 1000 career apps/goals, even at the age of 37 when he shouldn't have got in the team. He ended on about 970/985 when I was sacked for only being mid-table.

Admirable effort, though. :thup: My loyalty to players I favor always gets me in trouble.

My loyalty to players I favor always gets me in trouble.

This, i try to be as loyal as possible, even to a 37yo torres in my United team, he still scored occasionally but not in big games or that often, but he was excellent at tutoring.

This, i try to be as loyal as possible, even to a 37yo torres in my United team, he still scored occasionally but not in big games or that often, but he was excellent at tutoring.

Like trying to use Barry Robson and Jimmy Bullard at ages 34-37 in the Premier League while trying to make Jonny Howson play a ACM in the Premier League week in, week out.

It saves me money, though.

Sometimes I do something similar (though not as crazy as you - 152, you're mad).

I usually buy/loan too many players, and being a person who prefers a slim squad, I have to send a few seasons trimming. I have a really hard time getting clubs to buy players from me, though. Notts County is usually the only club that comes sniffing.

I had a regen named Iker Isnaola from Spain that I got from Barca B, I brought him to Bristol Rovers and he was bagging goals at the age of 18 in the Championship for me, I lost him on the last day of the transfer window because I went on HOLIDAY and only got 1.2 mill for him, he ended up going to Valencia the next year for 6 mil. :(

152 though? Anyone good?

Yeah, a lot of them are pretty good .. the problem is that i did half the work yesterday and the other half today, im guessing it was late and i was sleepy because i can't believe i made offers to some of the players im seeing right now lol

I sold Cristiano Ronaldo for a reduced fee (50 Million, he was worth 88), the board didnt like it and held it against me right up to the day that I got sacked. I only did it to help the clubs bad financial position but they didnt see it that way.

On both counts with Atl Madrid. In FM 2009 I sold almost all of the defenders, and as the winter window closed, I hadn't managed to land a single defender. Luckily I was so far ahead on pts that I could still wheel in the La Liga title.

2nd one was in FM 2010 patch 10.1, that I sold everything I could to generate enough money, with the risk of upsetting the entire team. All that was left was 3 players of my backbone for the future; Aguero, Garcia, and Camacho from the starting 11. The rest was new additions. Again I won the league(and ChL).

I'm asking this now, because i did something in the game that i think i shouldn't have done lol

I searched every single country in the world, literally, to find potential signings below the age of 22, from continent to continent. Apparently i made 152 offers ... yes 152 ... my goal was to loan everyone than would eventually sign for my team but 152 players is just stupid, i really thought i had only made like 50 offers or something but considering i already have around 40 players on loan i would have enough players to make 9, 10 teams..

Anyway, your time to share :D

I do this once every season. I also retain every player in the database, so there's a lot to sort through. You have to do it every season otherwise you miss out on players who were perhaps not in the international squad when you searched previously, or a new regen.

Add me to the "compulsive shopper" list :)

And since I can't have more than 11 non-HG players in my squad [open registration all season long, but it barely helps] you can see how my shopping sprees can be even more "dangerous" than in leagues with less strict rules...

Mistake of the season so far: I signed a 17yo Brazilian WBR for £ 2.5M, but he couldn't move before he turned 18, so I needed a substitute for a couple of months.

My AssMan suggested me a 19yo Swedish DR who turned out much better than the Brazilian dude... taking his spot on the team AND his non-HG spot too.

And just because when it rains it pours, the now-backup Brazilian is suffering from the dreaded saudade, so I'll probably have to get rid of him ASAP, before his value decreases.

found a regen that i thought was fairly good, worth about 3m

club didn't want to sell so i continued to make higher bids, since i rly wanted to sign him

ended up to cost me 22.5 m .. turns out he is ok but not superb

he's been with me for a year and now he's only worth 7m anymore :(

got a bit carried away with the denials of my transfer fee :(

Archived