Clear cut chances

just played a match, lost 2-1 after leading 1-0 at half time....i had the upper hand so kept going with what i was doing, end of the game opposition stats where

Shots on goal 19

on target 13

clear cut chances 8

i was playing swansea not man utd....:confused:

There is a known issue, where strikers are kicking it straight at the keeper when one on one, no matter how good there finishing/composure is..

I have just learnt to ignore the 'clear cut stat'

Yes clear cut, means it is a clear cut chance where you should score,and in real life you would expect a team to score at least 1 out of 3 clear cut chances.

But on FM you could have 12 clear cut chances and only score 1 goal.

So i have just learned to ignore this stat untill its fixed on 10.3. :thup:

Ahh, I'm not sure if the complaint is too many CCC's being created or is that they played so well in the 2nd compared to the first?

Not sure tbh, it could be both.

But judging from his thread title I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt :thup:

1) they played with 1 up front so shouldnt be creating that many chances

2) every 5mins on the commentry it said, 'swansea go to a more attacking style' how mnay styles are there???

it just p*ssed me off that in 1 half of football there manager game team talk of the decade and they came at me like real madrid

1) they played with 1 up front so shouldnt be creating that many chances

2) every 5mins on the commentry it said, 'swansea go to a more attacking style' how mnay styles are there???

it just p*ssed me off that in 1 half of football there manager game team talk of the decade and they came at me like real madrid

Are you playing on key highlights? You could have missed the part when they switched to a more defensive style when under pressure from you.

according to my assistant he had nothing to add, i left things as they where as i was well on top, if i change something usually the same thing happens and i regret changing things

You don't always have to do exactly what the assistant manager says.

Judging from the number of CCCs they created, they must have been pounding your goal in the second half. Surely that warrants a change?

if i change to defensive, they score, if i keep attacking then they score..this is what happens, when i'm away and take an early 1-0 ideally i'd shut up shot and try and hold my lead but as i said, no matter what i do change or no change most teas turn into real madrid second half

if i change to defensive, they score, if i keep attacking then they score..this is what happens, when i'm away and take an early 1-0 ideally i'd shut up shot and try and hold my lead but as i said, no matter what i do change or no change most teas turn into real madrid second half

If you reckon you are the better team you might want to change to a more cautious approach rather than simply shutting up shop, as doing so will simply invite pressure.

Too many clear cut chances being created maybe?

Known issue in 10.2.

It is frustrating and I'm glad to see they are working on it. The latest example for me is a 2-0 loss at home to Sporting Lisbon.

I failed to hit the target despite 10 shots on target but more importantly 6 CCC's.

They hit the target twice and scored twice. They only had 1 CCC the whole game. There have been many more examples.

am i the only one who doesnt want to change their tactics everygame to suit the opposition?

Nope your not, i don't like it either, i always spend ages making a new tactic at the start of the season and stick with it.

I have a tactic that i've created now, that i'm happy with. I'm dominating games and getting like 5 to 8 clear cut chances compared to the AI's 1-3 clear cut chances, but still find myself loosing 2-1 ..etc.

But im not going to change my tactic again, i spent ages creating this one to dominate possesion and pass and play how i like. :)

Plus it can't be my tactics, cause we often play good and dominate games, its just that the AI can score goals out of nothing, where as my players ALWAYS need 5 clear daylight opportunities just to score 1.

it seems like i'm always being pushed to be the one that changes and the game never seems to make a negative change that causes there team to fall apart..if i can make mistakes tactically during a game, surely i can expect the same from the AI?

Archived