Would it be possible too have a star come up in the corner of the screen if FMscout..

Sounds like someone was cheated during an online session. ;)

On a more serious note, what would be the purpose of such an addition?

Have you not just partially answered your own question?

It could also be used in screenshots for here, so you'll know if "extras" have been used.

Have you not just partially answered your own question?

It could also be used in screenshots for here, so you'll know if "extras" have been used.

There's a reason why I said it, and I was hoping people would clue in on it. If it's an addition for online games, I'm sure it'd be fine, but as it was mentioned previously, controlling the way people play their games is sure to not go down too well.

This isn't really possible. The game stores its data openly in memory; there's nothing stopping applications like FMRTE from just finding and changing it, at which point the new data becomes just as valid as the old one (from a technical perspective). Without some sort of continuous data integrity check and/or scrambling of the data and/or anti-debugger code there's no way to know whether the value in memory is "real" or "edited" -- it's just a number at a particular address in memory. Of course, the former two of those solutions would slow FM down and the latter isn't fool-proof, so it's basically a lot of effort for little gain or questionable trade-offs.

Online games is a completely different kettle of fish and quite easily integrity checked (against editing).

This isn't really possible. The game stores its data openly in memory; there's nothing stopping applications like FMRTE from just finding and changing it, at which point the new data becomes just as valid as the old one (from a technical perspective). Without some sort of continuous data integrity check and/or scrambling of the data and/or anti-debugger code there's no way to know whether the value in memory is "real" or "edited" -- it's just a number at a particular address in memory. Of course, the former two of those solutions would slow FM down and the latter isn't fool-proof, so it's basically a lot of effort for little gain or questionable trade-offs.

Online games is a completely different kettle of fish and quite easily integrity checked (against editing).

And I'm not sure it's even possible to check if FMscout has been used as it just reads rather than writes information.

Archived