Developments in further FMs

Hi all,

I'm just writing this to waste a bit of time at work to be honest but does anyone else think it would be good if league structures and competitions could change during ur FM game i.e. a vote about whether the old firm should of been allowed in the premiership. Or if FIFA/UEFA suddenly decided that all top divisions in Europe should have 18 teams. Or european competitions structures being changed.

I just thought it would be good if in 2020 for instance the FA boss suddenly said that English teams are only allowed a maximum of 5 foreign players from the year 2022. I think this is the only thing the game is missing.

Please don't give me abuse I'm only writing this because I'm bored I would just like to see something that keeps me gripped to the game for even longer

I just thought it would be interesting if structures of leagues and competitions could change like they do in real life with the europa league as an example as it's been changed over the last 5 years from what it used to be.

Lets be honest the premier league are going to make changes in some way by 2020. It would be like the game is alive and thinking for itself

• SI Staff
You must have been extremely bored, because what you just wrote makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe you should have a look here

It's definitely something that would liven up the game but I'm not sure how tricky it would be as all the league rules and regulations can be quite sensitive with even the slightest change screwing things up. I'm sure all who have played around with this in the new editor will agree with that. ;)

I didn't expect it to be easy to implement otherwise I'm sure something like this would of been created already :)

In future FMs I think it would be great if Sepp Blatter suddenly started wanting to do things to leagues and the chairmans or managers would vote on whether it's a good idea.

Imagine salary caps being impletemented in 2031 to your big budget team. It would bring in a load of new challenges.

Right I'll go and crawl back in my hole ;)

It's a nice idea in theory but I would worry about long-term games. The balance would have to be absolutely perfect for it not to ruin long term games.

A good idea so it doesn't have too much of an effect would be to give you a vote on whether you want the change or not. To make it realistic, the board could ask you for your opinion and an imaginary meeting of the clubs would take place. If you say no, then it wouldn't happen (much like your preference on feeder clubs). I'm not sure if that would work well but say I play until 2100 with no control over the changes, how many changes would there have been?

No I think there should be some sort of control so it doesn't ruin a long-term game but it would bring new challenges if something was going to come in that you didn't like.

After a season or so the 'clubs' could vote on it again to see if a major change should be kept.

Ter, I believe I reserve the democratic right to agree or disagree with someone's suggestions? It's called feedback.

You didn't agree or disagree with his comments. And, you stated no constructive feedback, hence your post was worthless.

All you did was say that it didn't make any sense, when it makes perfect sense, learn to read :rolleyes:

thats a very good idea. would certainly add to the realism.
It would definitely not add to the realism, simply because the game cannot foresee the future. Play with the editor all you like, but the OP's suggestions could never be implemented in the game, imho that is.

• SI Staff
Maybe you should have a look here

It's definitely something that would liven up the game but I'm not sure how tricky it would be as all the league rules and regulations can be quite sensitive with even the slightest change screwing things up. I'm sure all who have played around with this in the new editor will agree with that. ;)

The key issue that Ter is missing here is one of legal issues - the leagues that we have licenses from won't allow it, so it's not something that will be possible as an ingame feature.

The key issue that Ter is missing here is one of legal issues - the leagues that we have licenses from won't allow it, so it's not something that will be possible as an ingame feature.

you also cant include the real German National team due to legal issues but if you delete a simple little file there it is in the game.

Why couldnt the same be done for rule changes. Implement them into the game and "block them ;) " but anybody could access it in their game if they wanted to by deleting the file

How would it not, leagues are changing all the time in real life with new rules coming in. Fair enough this wouldn't happen at the same time as real-life but it could implement possible changes

So SI have to come up with new rules and regulations and league changes to take place through the game, that even the football authorities haven't thought of yet?

Then when the authorities do make changes that don't match the game, there are 200 on here saying the game is "not-realistic"

I will accept the current situation of SI updating the game when it changes in Real-Life.

Although I'm not against the idea in an optional form, I'd rather they finally bothered to start working on dynamic league reputation which would be a far more vital addition to the game.

Seconded.

There's much be done with what exists without wasting time on an LMA-esque lack of realism.

Archived