How do I stop my staff from being poached?

I had a brilliant Assistant Manager who I'd promoted from within my club's coaching staff after my previous Ass Man was poached by another club.

He had perfect stats for what I needed in an Ass Man! Suddenly, Arsenal come along and offer him a job as a Youth Coach. I offered him a new contract with £15,000 a week (absurd for a staff member, but he was pretty good!). He rejected my contract telling me that the basic wage I offered was unacceptable, before signing for Arsenal for £1,600 a week. That's a bit of a joke isn't it? Out of interest he earned more at my club even before my contract offer.

I am a premiership club, reputation continental, who finished above Arsenal last season by a considerable points difference. Arsenal's reputation is World Wide, other than that there's nothing they do that I don't. They don't even have a youth team any more! What gives?

His name was Dan Ashworth, he's a real guy, not a regen.

Judging player potential/ability: 20s

Man Management: 17

WW Youngsters: 20

Tactical Knowledge: 15

Discipline: 16

Motivating and Determination: 14

Best of all, Level-Headed media handler!

They should try and patch that because theres no way that would ever happen in real football.

A youth coach talking an ass mans job for 10 times salary would happen all the time but never the other way around, regardless of reputation.

I would stick that in the bugs forum.

His name was Dan Ashworth, he's a real guy, not a regen.

Judging player potential/ability: 20s

Man Management: 17

WW Youngsters: 20

Tactical Knowledge: 15

Discipline: 16

Motivating and Determination: 14

Best of all, Level-Headed media handler!

Obviously not perfect as some of his stats aren't 20.

I'd suggest making sure all your staff is on LONG deals, obviously the longer and more expensive the contract, the more it'll cost any other club to come in and buy it out.

But compensation is for some reason limited to 1 million, which really isn't going to deter any of the top clubs. It also happens to be these very same clubs poaching my staff, unfortunately.

I'd suggest making sure all your staff is on LONG deals, obviously the longer and more expensive the contract, the more it'll cost any other club to come in and buy it out.

It doesn't stop them. I'm on my 4th assistant manager in 4 years. Each of them had a 4 or 5 year contract.

It happens too often for my liking.

Edit: In saying that I've generally left them (the poaching club) to it and pocketed the compensation.

A week later, Arsenal came in for my master tactician coach, Rio Ferdinand (everything about that sentence is absurd). I managed to keep hold of him with a new contract, so there must be something you can do.

hilarious!! can he even count to ten?

Same here, Coop.

I always have the staff contracts for 4-5 year contracts. And whether it's a long time since they signed a contract, or just recently signed one, i have to give them a new contract in order to make my staff stay.

If i don't they will leave.

It gets kinda annoying offering the same coach a new contract every other week, because the same club is trying to get him from me.

I'd like to think, that if he's just signed a new contract with me, then he shows me and the other clubs that he isn't going anywhere, for a while. So why the constant offers from other clubs when he's just signed a new contract?

Archived