From six issues that need to be resolved - To 2 issues!

DP

My previous thread laid out the 6 issues that needed resolving to make FM great. Whilst they were all resolved (see below) there were a couple of issues introduced as a result of some of these.

The 6 major issues all seem to be resolved in the latest version:

1. Too many striker goals

2. More tackling/Better defensive work

3. Shortlist Bug

4. Long shot goals reduced.

5. Regens

6. Too many penalties converted.

For me, and hopefully everyone else these are no longer a problem at all.

However there were two issues introduced that when fixed will make FM10 great!

1. Too many one on ones resulting in 'superkeeper' effect

2. Too many strange transfers - average players going to world class teams.

Now I realise it's a balancing act but once these are fixed (I'm sure they will be for 10.3) PLEASE do all you can not to introduce anything else SI! :D

If there are any other MAJOR gameplay issues, I haven't seen them.

My previous thread laid out the 6 issues that needed resolving to make FM great. Whilst they were all resolved (see below) there were a couple of issues introduced as a result of some of these.

The 6 major issues all seem to be resolved in the latest version:

1. Too many striker goals

2. More tackling/Better defensive work

3. Shortlist Bug

4. Long shot goals reduced.

5. Regens

6. Too many penalties converted.

For me, and hopefully everyone else these are no longer a problem at all.

However there were two issues introduced that when fixed will make FM10 great!

1. Too many one on ones resulting in 'superkeeper' effect

Now I realise it's a balancing act but once these are fixed (I'm sure they will be for 10.3) PLEASE do all you can not to introduce anything else SI! :D

If there are any other MAJOR gameplay issues, I haven't seen them.

the one on one issue (the no angled-version) is horrible. no superkeepers, but stupid strikers who hit the keeper nearly every time when the one on one take place in the middle of the pitch.

so i switched back to 1.01.1 and i am happy.

the other issue is wall positioning which is, sometimes, very frustrating. maybe the needless clearences from the defenders should be fixed too.

the offsides on 3d mode are shocking, say my left winger is in a off-side position but the balls played to my right winger who isnt off-side it gives my left winger as off-side even though he isnt interfearing with play

I would say there are a vast number of things that needs to be addressed.

- Referees are absolutely horrid. This being offsides, tackles on the field(only for your players).

- Execution of CCC is abymal.

- Defenders dont mark players very well.

- Nor do strong defensive players.

- Fast players are being run-up by mediocre speed adversaries(only when it's you).

- The number of misses 1 yard from goal.

- Number of woodworks(you only).

I have just played with first Real Madrid, and I simply stopped after 10 games, because the team was being robbed by the refs game after game. So I tried Barcelona. It went fairly well, even though I had a great number of draws, simply because their keepers pulled up incredible saves after another.

2nd season have been a true nightmare. I am being robbed time and time again; goals being called offside, when there is none of it. Every time my players make a tackle it gets called as a foul. While the opponents can injure my players in the penalty box, with nothing being called(ever). I have received the vast amount of 2 penalty shots over 2 seasons, despite me having 80 of my chances inside the penalty box. I have had 15 red cards(double yellow), while my opponents over 2 seasons have amassed 3 reds. Even though I don't play tough, and my adversaries stay behind with 10 players(because they can run fast) I have many more fouls per game, than my adversaries. Ibrahimovic scored okay the first season, but anyone I put up there never score, because the goalies save everything, unless it is one of those rare opportunities that I do score. This season have amassed no less than 25 8.5+ ratings from opposite keeper, one being 9.7. Sometimes it does get low because they passed badly. Just lost against Real Madrid in the ChL where I on home soil had 20 shots, 5 CCCs(first min Casillas had a tribble save), only for Real on their very first attack in the 57th min score. But I have had alot of those this season. The defenders of the other teams make inch perfect interceptions each and every time.

This is a new tactic for me, and I have never had this much unfairness, but still I have stopped pulling my hair out, and really do not care anymore. The game is just awful in 10.2. Just lost at home against Espanyol 1-0, after I had 25 chances and once again 5 CCCs. They had no chances until the 87th min where their attacker tackled my keeper and sent the ball into the net. Never do the adversaries make these mistakes. This was Adlers 5th unprovoked miss of the season that cost a goal.

• Administrators
well im not sure many really care anymore .. fm2010 is dead .. not many are even playing this game .

all i can say is .. R.I.P ... SI they have lost allmost all there fan base ..

No offence but that's quite a ridiculous statement with absolutely nothing to back it up.

well im not sure many really care anymore .. fm2010 is dead .. not many are even playing this game .

What absolute rubbish that is. Some people don't play it now, but the vast majority who get annoyed and are 'never playing the game again' pick it back up after a week.

Back to the issues. I find the CCC's thing the only proper issue. The strange transfers(average players to big clubs) is not an issue. Muntari, Turnbull, Silvestre, Woodgate, possibly could say Owen.

And that is just off the top of my head with limited knowledge of overseas football.

The CCC issue. This is terrible. I had 18 CCC's in 3 games with Newcastle in the Championship. I know they aren't particularly good players obviously, but scoring 1 out of the 18 with i think 15 being saved by keepers who are really not that good, is ridiculous.

You do understand its been at the top of the PC gaming charts in the UK for 9 weeks running now? And pretty much not dropped below 2nd since it was released? :D

What an absolutely terribly ridiculous thing to say.

I think that FM10 overall has been good. I'm not into it yet, but I'm like that with every release. i don't usually get 'properly' started until the 3rd patch (after the January window). However, I am playing the 10.2 version a bit at the moment and other than the 'superkeepers' bug and the crazy transfer system at the moment, there isn't that much to moan about.

Obviously there are things that can be improved upon and I'm sure people are looking into that right now. However, I think SI have definately given us their most solid release to date. It was playable at the start and although I won't start a long term game until they sort the transfers out, I'm happy enough with the game as it is.

What absolute rubbish that is. Some people don't play it now, but the vast majority who get annoyed and are 'never playing the game again' pick it back up after a week.

Back to the issues. I find the CCC's thing the only proper issue. The strange transfers(average players to big clubs) is not an issue. Muntari, Turnbull, Silvestre, Woodgate, possibly could say Owen.

And that is just off the top of my head with limited knowledge of overseas football.

The CCC issue. This is terrible. I had 18 CCC's in 3 games with Newcastle in the Championship. I know they aren't particularly good players obviously, but scoring 1 out of the 18 with i think 15 being saved by keepers who are really not that good, is ridiculous.

It is an issue and has been acknowledged by SI.

Of course you can find examples but a quick glance through August transfers shows you somethings wrong. It was fine in 10.1 and I think it's linked with making it easier to get rid of average players.

I still find the penalty issue annoying and still far too many are being converted IMO. I dont think i've had a normal penalty shoot-out (5 kicks each, 6 at a push) for 5 seasons now, and that includes 13 penalty shootouts with one ending 17-16! I know occasionally it happens, but not very often. I also dont see many penalty saves in normal match situations either.

I wish that I could say that there are only two big problems, but for me, there are several more just with the match engine.

-Players still kick the ball out of play for absolutley no reason when under no pressure.

-Stupid bounces of the ball off of players. I'm not talking about deflections or poor control, but where a player runs into the path of the ball that he would be able to see and just letting it bounce off of him.

-Players still standing still when the ball is right next to them, with another, further away player getting it instead.

-The horrendous quality of free kicks. Direct ones from about 40 yards always seem to be taken as a shot whilst central, indirect free kicks never seem to be passed into space.

-Goalkeepers pushing the ball out for a corner when the ball is going out for a goal kick and is a good way away from the goal.

I could go on but really can't be bothered, and it's not as if I'm not enjoying the game, because I'm addicted to it, but it's far from perfect and there are plenty of areas that still need a lot of work.

No offence but that's quite a ridiculous statement with absolutely nothing to back it up.

You lose almost all your fan base every year since 1909. In fact, the only people who still play this game are dafuge, rinso, and that bloke in the pub.

You lose almost all your fan base every year since 1909. In fact, the only people who still play this game are dafuge, rinso, and that bloke in the pub.

Yes, i heard they are all starting to look a bit weird now. A bit like the sort of people who play Dungeons & Dragons :D

Reported for trolling.

It's clearly not a serious comment, or a sensible contribution, and should be treated as such. :thup:

Yes, i heard they are all starting to look a bit weird now. A bit like the sort of people who play Dungeons & Dragons :D

.. but with less eyeliner and more polyester :thup:

On topic.... the mediocre players going abroad is getting a little silly.

I've just made £12m on Martin Kelly ffs.

top of the charts again in pc this year, and 1500 users currently active on these forums Right Now, prove your statement??!!??!!?

Originally Posted by sparks199 viewpost.gif

Reported for trolling.

It's clearly not a serious comment, or a sensible contribution, and should be treated as such. :thup:

The above clearly not consructive.

.. but with less eyeliner and more polyester :thup:

Your reply is even less constructive.

On topic.... the mediocre players going abroad is getting a little silly.

I've just made £12m on Martin Kelly ffs.

Just made slight sense.

Why no reporting for baker.simon?

Oh dear...

I wonder if he realises that you need to;

a). Take the plastic wrapping off the DVD case

b). Open the DVD case

c). Put the DVD into the DVD drive

d). Install the game

e). Play the game

...before making wally-brain comments. Give me strength...

To be honest, the only thing that is REALLY annoying me are the penalties. Like others have said, far too many scored.

I used to really enjoy watching a penalty shootout, I would slow it right down, and sit there with a beer and a smoke, nervous as hell (did I enjoy it as much as I thought?!). But now I just have it on full speed as they all go to ridiculous levels. Last night I had all 11 players score for both teams, and it went round again, eventually ending 19-18! The one miss was hit down the middle, straight at the keeper, and by my player :(

There are a couple of other little things bothering me, but nothing major.

Defenders booting the ball into touch at the slightest hint of pressure. They seem unable to play it around at the back like Man Utd.

Defenders heading ability is atrocious. Ferdinand and Vidic are being beaten constantly in the air, and when they have free headers, they put it out for a corner.

Defenders inability to mark strikers. Defenders inability to tackle strikers. Defenders inability to catch slower players.

The strange transfers is a non-issue I think, as there are actual world class clubs that buy average players (coughliverpoolcough)

The missed one-on-ones is a bit annoying, but if all of them had gone in we'd have ridiculous scorelines. Maybe increase defender interceptions?

totally agree. an unsuitable statement.

footie is the best manager i have ever played. i am coming from EA.

version 1.01 is perfect for me. reducing those one on ones from the middle with simultanously raising the score chances in those situations will pe perfect for 1.03.

is the one on one issue from the middle of the pitch really acknowledged by SI?

sorry for my englisch. :)

The strange transfers is a non-issue I think, as there are actual world class clubs that buy average players (coughliverpoolcough)

The missed one-on-ones is a bit annoying, but if all of them had gone in we'd have ridiculous scorelines. Maybe increase defender interceptions?

i dont think this is the solution. Si will know better what to do now. the one on ones in 1.01 were perfect.

increasing defender interception will lead to fewer one on ones for sure.

but the remaing one on ones from world class players coming through the middle of the pitch will still be saved by poorly hitting the keeper.

Being an avid fan of the series since CM2, I have also ordered FM2010. It will probably arrive this afternoon.

Since I have a long FM2009 savegame going can someone advise if I should bother starting with FM2010 yet or that I should wait until the final patch is out?

Thanks in advance!

Wow, it never occurred to me that maybe the reason my strikers were firing straight at the keepers was because of a bug. I just thought it was because I was playing in league one and they're rubbish.

Also, I had thought my loan keeper was a great find.. he's gotten four or five man of match awards and has pulled off some unbelievable saves.

Good news and bad news I guess.

This is a minor thing but I was wondering has anybody noticed that keepers don't move when you take a penalty? This may lead to the weird number of scored pens but other wise a great game as I have no problem with "superkeepers'

Yeah, penalty shoot-outs are the only thing that's seriously broke.

(Maybe some sort of composure penalty for players who don't usually take them?)

Defenders pointlessly kicking the ball for corners is annoying but I get a lot of corners too.

The one-on-ones don't bother me as much as most people.

(I've been looking to score goals in other ways - crosses, etc - and it's a lot less frustrating.)

Okay so if penalties are too easily scored PLEASE SI try and balance and don't make them too hard to score!

Also the animations on penalties have never been right.

Has anyone EVER seen a keeper sent the wrong way with a penalty? Why can't you guys get this right??

Sorry to segue, but Woodgate is NOT an average player.:mad:

the one on one issue (the no angled-version) is horrible. no superkeepers, but stupid strikers who hit the keeper nearly every time when the one on one take place in the middle of the pitch.

so i switched back to 1.01.1 and i am happy.

the other issue is wall positioning which is, sometimes, very frustrating. maybe the needless clearences from the defenders should be fixed too.

"no superkeepers, but stupid strikers who hit the keeper nearly every time when the one on one take place in the middle of the pitch", i agree.

don't loose your time, every year is the same bug. Expect patches and in the meantime, do not play FM .... is my advice. approach this situation for 4 years now ...

"no superkeepers, but stupid strikers who hit the keeper nearly every time when the one on one take place in the middle of the pitch", i agree.

don't loose your time, every year is the same bug. Expect patches and in the meantime, do not play FM .... is my advice. approach this situation for 4 years now ...

i am playing with 1.01 and i am happy with the game.

i need not to update.

but in 1.03 this should be reviewed and corrected with more one on one goals and fewer one on one situations.

i am a newbie. i have heared that the latest patch of footie was always a good one.

i hope so :)

This is the worst comment I have ever read in these forums! Are you joking or just being spiteful? I think that Championship Manager 2010 is dead, not Football Manager 2010!

You do understand its been at the top of the PC gaming charts in the UK for 9 weeks running now? And pretty much not dropped below 2nd since it was released? :D

What an absolutely terribly ridiculous thing to say.

Whilst his initial point is ridiculous, this is not a counter argument.

not speaking about early game, but only way to fix that latter in game.. is fixing regens,, i have my so to say decent d/wb/r with ca around 130 and pa around 147 or so ( he will reach it )

going out of 10 mln euros to top clubs.. and thats way to much the way i look.. 147 pa isnt worth that money.. nor should clubs sign him, ones that do..

well, this caused by lack of quality regens.. ill go and say i use frmte and genie for scouting purposes and checking pa/ca hide attributes.. ( not for editing )

and in last few seasons.. there were maybe total of 3 world class regens.. its terrible ( i run large database with england/france/italy/germany loaded in that game )

not to mention some regens are super rare, those being wingers.. i seen quite few dl, but when it comes to dr.. its desert.. empty

same goes for defenders.. im like trying to replace my old one.. and when searching for young world class defenders i found just 3 .. i mean CMON ? thats hardly good enough for 1 top club.. but 4 top nations?

Oh dear...

I wonder if he realises that you need to;

a). Take the plastic wrapping off the DVD case

b). Open the DVD case

c). Put the DVD into the DVD drive

d). Install the game

e). Play the game

...before making wally-brain comments. Give me strength...

This is no longer the case. I was merely able to click on "Football Manager 10" on steam, click "buy now" then click "install"!

Well, if i hadn't had the whole pre ordering then waiting for the unlock nonsense anyway!

But back on topic, i'm surpised you dropped regen from the list of problems. Long term games are still marred by 35 million centerbacks with 197 CA but only 6 jumping (at the extreme end, or lots of 9-12 jumping for the more common picture), by defensive midfielders with vital stats missing and a general feeling that the regens aren't quite as balanced as the real initial players in the database.

That said, it is an issue that is very much fixable. Once dealt with (so i can have my long term holiday then play once all real players retire / coac as well as my normal game) FM10 will cement it's place as "best so far". Until then, the normal game (first few seasons after which few people tend to see anyway) is perfectly workable, pretty fun and certainly well worth every penny i paid.

This made me laugh, never heard such nonsense.

The match engine is the biggest problem in the game currently by some way.

The biggest concern is how the version we have been given in 10.2 is such a long way back from other match engines in the past.

I don't care what anyone says, I can not remember a time where the balance between wide play/play down the middle was so flawed, one on ones so broken, long shots & free kicks 'balanced' into random obscurity etc.

The biggest concern is not that SI can't get it right, they have put out far better and more balanced match engines in the past... why 10.2 had to maul the match engine beyond belief I am not quite sure.

The FML match engine, in a side by side comparison, blows the current one out of the water. Night and day.

Considering the fact it made Number 1 in the Uk Top 10 Games Chart recently (read it in Gamesmaster Magazine), covering all consoles for games, I think that they are doing well atm;)

Archived