Morale dilema on cheating - how should this be handled?

This will probably come as a strange question to many of you but I have a serious issue with one of my games. I'm having quite an enjoyable game playing as AC Milan. It's already my 4th season, having won 3 Serie A's in a row. A few days ago I was playing a stint of a few games when things started going sour. I drew at Parma despite dominating and Inter closed the gap between me (1st) and them (2nd) to 10 points. Next game was against Juventus and the team played horribly. It was 3-0 for Juventus at San Siro by half time and I was fuming. Told my team to get out there and get a win. Amazingly they turned the result to a 3-3 but in the 96th minute of extra time (out of a total of 93, after I held possession for a while) Juventus scored what could be the equalizer... however, I have no way of telling as I immediately quit the game in anger.

Now, as silly as this may seem, I can't quite enjoy that game anymore! Having built everything from scratch without using ANY bit of help (no tactics, trainings, 3rd party software, etc.) I really don't want to ruin a good game with this fit of rage so I'm wondering what's best? Should I play my reserves until Juventus win? Or should I just replay the match?

PS: Don't know if this can be considered mitigating circumstances but it was also my first tobacco free day so I was pretty ****ed off :D.

Play the game the way you see fit. If you think you can enjoy it again if you lose to Juve then surely that's not a hard thing to achieve?

I just needed some opinions.... well fine, I wanted some much needed reassurance :D! But I will probably play my youth team and what happens happens.

I'd personally play my reserves because I won't be able to enjoy. It'll always be in the back of my mind.

After all I shut the game down so I should be at a disadvantage.

Same for me... I did a similar thing the other day... decided I'd better go back to the cigarettes as FM is far too important to ruin over cravings.

Just ask yourself this:

"do I play to prove I'm a FM genius, or do I play to have fun with a nice computer game about a sport I like?"

If the answer is the former, then no, you should not quit or reload a game, much less using 3rd parties software.

If the answer is the latter, then yes, there's nothing wrong with quitting a game every now and then when the course of the match turns from "odd" to "f'n stupid and incomprehensible".

Of course reloading the same league game 10 times until you got a good win is lame, and it will in the end come to the detriment of the enjoyment and of the fun of the whole game.

Still, when you're that close to smash your monitor with a chair [and I know that feeling...] because you're just unable to grasp the reasons behind some events (besides the usual "your tactic" explaination), it's perfectly acceptable closing the game.

there's nothing wrong with quitting a game every now and then when the course of the match turns from "odd" to "f'n stupid and incomprehensible".

Only if you quit when you WIN in an odd and and incomprehensible way as well.

Id just play your normal team against Juve, you may lose anyway, if not, put Pirlo in goal for the last half hour.

If I get a crash or power cut or anything, I always reload until I get the same result - win or lose. I find my enjoyment is destroyed if I reload and get something I don't deserve.

What about if you'd gone 5 matches and couldn't remember?

I get annoyed, and I probably don't play the save again, in such a situation. However, if it was one match and I knew the score, I'd probably fix it.

Try and "fix" the match. Play your first team, but if you start to pull away, create a gaping flaw in your tactics, like switching your players into unfamiliar positions, and, well, generally getting it deliberately wrong.

Id throw the game to be honest, its just cheating and makes the game pointless.

Hands up iv done it before (final game needed to win to get into playoffs) and after that it just ruined the game for me, made me feel ''dirty'' so to speak lol!

Archived