who were your must have signings from the older fm's

Todorov I think his name was. Back in 01/02 I think.

Obviously can't really remember. All I know is he wasn't great IRL, certainly not considered world class, but he used to score like crazy on fm.

Winning the title was as easy as sign him and it's yours. Scores way more goals than games played.

can anyone remember that swedish guy that used to turn into the next zidane.

oh and cm Italia was mint i used to go lazio to manage gazza.

swedish guy was Alexander Farnerud he was unbelievable

i used to buy Robben a lot,from groningen and psv

In the version before CM4 I mostly got Matuzalem, Bakircioglü, Kerr, and Ibrahimovic (unknown IRL back then, nice scouting !).

can anyone remember that swedish guy that used to turn into the next zidane.

That was Kim Källström I think ! Yes he was also one of those generations.

Back on like CM2 or 3 anyone with 'escu' at the end of their name was likely to be quality. And Georgi Hagi. What a player he was. There was also some like Danish striker whose name escapes me but shooting was 20 and heading was 20. He scored tonnes and was usually available for 150k.

And indeed there were a lot of great Swedish players coming through at that time - at least, if CM was anything to go by. :D

Another Swedish CM great, Stefan Selakovic, also played in Holland for a few years, for Heerenveen, I liked him, he was a good player, but naturally he wasn't quite as good as in the game either.

Guillerme Plessis everytime. I remember FM07 he only got capped once for Guadelope because they never played. Such a waste.

When I was doing a bit of LLM I used to always buy Jordy Brouwer from Liverpool as well. Scorcher of a player at L1 and L2 level.

can anyone remember Victor Leonenko. i used to buy him and Davor Sukar to play up front for my teams. this was about 15years ago mind.

Neil Lennon was a demon then too lol a young superstar who i picked up from leicester.

Neill Lennon was also good when he was in Crewe. Robert Taylor was also good over a number of versions.

I do remember Leonenko, though I rarely purchased him for one reason or another.

Leonenko was class, but in 97/98 I used buy an Italian fellow Fabio Vignaroli, dirt cheap in Seria B, with brilliant striking stats, but of a low enough reputation that no-one would ever want him off you. In defence if I wasn't Man Utd I would buy Lupescu and Anderson (I think they were both at Wolfsburg) probalby the best CB pairing I eve had.

Who can forget the legendary Andri Sigporsson from Iceland?

Either it was CM4 or CM 99/0..not sure.

There was another must-buy Icelandic striker, his name was started with Por (larsson?) a few editions later.

It was 99/00. I remember he had dribbling 20 and finishing 10.... He just walked through defences like they weren't there, and missed most of his shots, but still tended to score several a game. Legend.

In the same version there was Simon Davies.... Passing 20, Creativity 20, free kicks 20. He was the best CM in the world in a couple of seasons.

It was 99/00. I remember he had dribbling 20 and finishing 10.... He just walked through defences like they weren't there, and missed most of his shots, but still tended to score several a game. Legend.

In the same version there was Simon Davies.... Passing 20, Creativity 20, free kicks 20. He was the best CM in the world in a couple of seasons.

Was it Oskarsson, if so he was an absolute legend

I was always man utd on my saves

FM06 - Sherman andres Cardenas ( quality columbian player who never made it to fm 07 , 08 , 09 or 10 , Jus vanished)

FM 07 - Miroslav Klose

FM 08 - Cant remember

Fm 09 - Diego Buonanotte , Simon Rolfes , Artem Milievskyi , Hulk

haha simon davies used to be brilliant,peterborough had mark tyler(gk) and gareth jellyman(lb) who could both play in the prem aswell and jon o'flynn a 16yr old striker that turned into a goal machine after a few seasons.andrew mainwaring from newport county was a top cheap striker aswell and could be bought for about 10k!

haha simon davies used to be brilliant,peterborough had mark tyler(gk) and gareth jellyman(lb) who could both play in the prem aswell and jon o'flynn a 16yr old striker that turned into a goal machine after a few seasons.andrew mainwaring from newport county was a top cheap striker aswell and could be bought for about 10k!

Don't forget Etherington! Best left winger in England.

Christ, Peterborogh were awesome.

Djordic, Moukoko, Tsigalko (guarenteed 50+ goals a season), pretty much anyone from the AIK team was amazing in one version if i remember rightly, Bakayoko.... the list goes on and on, was i the only one who used to use Guisley/Braintree as "feeder teams" (ie they got amazing regens, i brought those regens)

Who can forget the legendary Andri Sigporsson from Iceland?

Either it was CM4 or CM 99/0..not sure.

There was another must-buy Icelandic striker, his name was started with Por (larsson?) a few editions later.

Off-topic, but the weird 'P' symbol is actually some sort of TH. Thordur is a common name there :)

kennedy bakircioglu, mads jorgensen, sherman cardenas, shaun derry, kieron dyer(when he was dm), bogdan stancu, Mika Ääritalo, daniel amokachi........ lebohang mokoena(what an absolute bargain, nothin like him floatin around fm10), dennboom(i think, dutch winger)

not in any particular order & spanning many years. Just a few that into my head without thinkin too hard.

i can remember buying a young star from seria B on cm italia called christian vieri lol the user manual even gave him a mention. i think that must be one of my all time buys he wasn't very good for my lazio team but he went on to be amazing in real life

Archived