How exactly would more RAM help me?

Currently using an Intel Pentium dual core 2.6ghz with 2 GB RAM runs fm10 like a dream.However If i were to upgrade to 4GB RAM would I notice any sort of differene at all with game speed or would the only benefit be the ability to load an extra league or 2?

FM is a 32-bit application that can use a maximum of 2 GB of RAM. If you have 2 GB of RAM, then FM can only use less than that as the system needs some RAM as well. If you add more RAM to your system, then FM can use the full 2 GB. The benefits are probably what you mentioned already--more leagues and maybe slightly faster processing as the page file should not be needed that much.

Note that a 32-bit OS can only utilize ~3.2 GB of RAM, so in order to get the full 4 GB or more, you need a 64-bit OS.

I guess missing out on being able to load an extra league or 2 isnt that bad and the processing is fine as it is, I just thought 2GB more would be handy. Strange though I always thought FM would take more RAM than 2GB, as a means of helping people to speed up sluggish games/processing.

Well, unless someone is using a really old computer (4-5+ years), then they will have a 64-bit-capable CPU.

I know but a friend of mine formatted his computer because he read that a x64 OS will speed the game up.

He still blames me for it because I recommended this site to him.

Always better to be a little more descriptive just in case.

so 2gb of ram is the max it can use? thats strange then because i have 3gb and a dual core processor and im still onyl rated as a one star system by the game.

well mine is 2.6ghz dual core and 2GB RAM and I got 5 star system performance, whats your CPU speed? coz thats weird if youre getting one star

Archived