"doesn't want a part-time contract" ....

So I've offered a contract to a player, who will join me on a free when he accepts it, (he does currently have a club, but is out of contract).

I offer what it defaults on.

Part-Time

£50 p/w + £1,000 sign on bonus

£10 app fee

£10 goal bonus.

He states that he "wants" these terms.

A message appears a few days later, that he "isn't looking for a part-time contract"

So, what IS he looking for then? Surely he would say he would prefer to sign (x) contract. But I have the option to offer him

Full Time

Part Time

Amateur

Youth

- Help me out a little here.!!

If he doesn't want a part-time job, then offer him a full-time one. He'll get more training done that way, so it's always a plus.

The only reason for part-time offers is less money, but if he wants the same amount, always go for full time.

I offered him Full time, he came back with "would prefer a part time contract" - So I offered him Part time, and he rejected due to not wanting a part time contract, so I offered him Ama, and he came back wanting Part Time, - I was getting annoyed, so for one last time I offered him a part time contract, and he accepted it. I don't even want him now.

This is another issue that needs to be looked at for future versions; the negotiation of contracts between clubs and players, specifically human controlled clubs.

I've done the same thing as well. I've offered players what they were looking for, yet they reject because they don't want it. So I raise the wage, bonuses, and match what they require, yet they still refuse.

Tough luck mate, I feel your frustration.

Agreed... the player's requests are sometimes screwed up. It happens to me often that I accept the players terms outright, only to have him say he wants an appearance fee... which I have already granted him, to his stated amount.

(And those need to be toned down... almost everyone wants an appearance fee equal to his weekly wage.)

I've seen the same playing in N. Ireland. My guess is he wants a youth contract. As soon as he signs he will accept a part-time contract though.

He will accept a full time contract now, or after he's signed, but you need to offer him £100 a week or more.

This reminds me of my game I'm playing now with Stafford Rangers.

Players are reluctant to sign FULL TIME contracts? They prefer part time for some reason.

Anoyone else have similar problems?

On a related note - is there any chance in future that conotract negotiations can default to full time if a player is already on a full time contract?

Very annoying to have to change it each time, very easy to forget and ridiculous that you can have players on, say £500/week and up on part time deals in any case.

Originally posted by mizan:

Players are reluctant to sign FULL TIME contracts? They prefer part time for some reason.

Yes - generally if you offer an extra 10 or 20 quid a week or a more important role in the team, they will be happier to sign full time. You will always struggle to get any player to sign full time for less than £100 a week mind (understandably).

Guest arrogantio
Originally posted by mizan:

This is a realistic feature. A significant proportion of part time footballers earn far more in their full-time employment than they could realistically hope to earn playing professional football. This of course also makes many real life semi-pros reluctant to relocate to clubs outside their immediate area.

If they've implemented it properly, it should vary according to CA/PA age and ambition (you drop the nice little day job for a crap BSP wage because you believe you will one day earn well at a higher level of in professional football, or keep it because at 27 you're well aware that there's no way you're ever going to earn more from football)

Archived