More involvement from CPU clubs

I dont know if it has been mentioned before, but one thing I miss when playing with one team, is that other (top) teams are more involved and progressive. Let me epxlain.

- If I play as Man Utd, my stadium gets expanded up until 100.000k. That is fine. But if you play as any other team Man Utd does not expand their stadium. Why not?

- When top talents are to be sold, I never ever have competetion from other top teams in signing these talents. I have signed all the top talents and at no point of time did Barca, Milan, Real, Bayern or likewise try to sign any of them. Why not?

- In general it is only a bunch of players a bit below the world superstars that are transfered between clubs. Why dont we see any record breaking transfers between CPU clubs. The most profilistic transfer I have seen was Kaka as 31 year old being sold to Man City for 31 mil. I never seen Fabregas, Benzema, Zlatan, Rooney, Torres or other top top players being sold, unless I buy them for a Ronaldo kinda price.

-When my staff gets older and retires I replace them with other good staff. Also I try to make a good team of staff, to get my players develop better. I dont see this with the CPU clubs, they are just keeping their staff, and only sign new when they retires.

Basically, I want some more action from the top CPU teams.

I've not really been paying attention to other teams, but I'm sure Utd have expanded and City built a new one. Often it's not really that noticeable the changes in capacity with most teams.

I always have challenges for signings. I tried Aguero but he chose Chelsea. I tried Ribery but he went to Real. I tried Navas but he went to City. I tried Torres and he came. Generally I'm well challenged on transfeers (too well challenged!)

I'd probably agree with you on the 3rd point - but its not that unrealistic. Most clubs just don't want to sell their best players to their rivals except for extraordinary fees (a la Ronaldo) which is why the big players don't move around very much.

Clubs all around Europe constantly try to nick my staff, so I assume they are trying to do the same to other clubs as well!

SI have tried to do something about the general side of your comments - which is why Utd and Chelsea nick every promising youngster around. I imagine it's quite difficult to get the balance right - too much and they become an unmovable juggernaut from the top of the table, too little and they are easily removed from the perch.

A friend an I were talking about point 3 not too long ago.

He said he noticed that big clubs don't go after big players until we go for them. I personally can't confirm this as I've never tried signing anyone of them.

I'm 4 years into a save an the only "big" players to have moved clubs are Modric, Young (both city) and Mata (United). AI paid between 20-35 for them.

Got to disagree on a few points. Clubs do build new stadia. I was looking a somebody's 200 year holiday save that he uploaded the other day, most of the clubs in the premier league had built a least one new stadia. Bristol City, that was somehow dominating Europe, had about a 130k capacity. There were many other examples as well.

Also if the constant offers I receive from other clubs for my staff is anything to go by, clubs are actively seeking to improve their backroom all the time. I know I've seen a thread on this where other people were saying the same thing as well.

I agree that there's something a little wrong with the high end of the transfer market though. I get constant offers for my stars most windows, but I rarely see other top clubs exchanging players. And as you say, if I'm after a star from a relegated or bankrupted club (Torres most of the time), I'll rarely get bidding competition although strangely I'll get interest from other clubs for the player once he's signed.

My data is based on 2-3 saves from myself, and 4-5-6 saves from a friend. I will doublecheck when I come home, but I am fairly sure that in the 10 first seasons, there is no clubs beside me in the top leagues who have expanded their stadium or built a new one.

Regarding the coaches, my staff is also targetted, but I may not have been too precise in my description. SI have tuned a bit on this as well. But my point was, that the bigger clubs does not do too much in developing youths. But it may very well reflect the real world I dont know. It just dosnt seem they invest in new youths and coaches of a higher standard. My experience tells me that cpu clubs looks for staff once their own retires or is signed by other clubs.

Regarding the coaches, my staff is also targetted, but I may not have been too precise in my description. SI have tuned a bit on this as well. But my point was, that the bigger clubs does not do too much in developing youths. But it may very well reflect the real world I dont know. It just dosnt seem they invest in new youths and coaches of a higher standard. My experience tells me that cpu clubs looks for staff once their own retires or is signed by other clubs.

In the real world I don't think there is a much staff movement though. Although a manager may move with a couple of assistants I think the rest of the backroom is quite constant. Coaches stay at clubs for years. May be completely wrong with that but it is my understanding.

Try looking at this thread and downloading the save game file. It's quite interesting and it also gives you an idea of the stadia point I was making before.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=177014

I've certainly had no lack of CPU big signings in my game, Ribery / Fabregas / Van Persie and a few others have all been traded between CPU teams.

At what prices?

I have signed Ribery on a free transfer as well, but no other clubs made a bid.. Quite weird I would have imagined the entire G14 would try to sign him.

Main concern for me with CPU teams is their inability to properly develop young players, esp. when compared to human managers.

In season 2017/2018 there are only three players below 25 with a value of 20+ (and they all play for me).

Which is also a part of my case with other top clubs not developing superstars themselves. Or at least not as many so it corresponds to the database when starting a game.

• 1 month later...

i must say i agree with StonecoldO, i have several times played 10-12 season in either england, italy or Spain, and i always have the other top leagues in europe in the game as well. There is absolutely no challenge in the game when it comes to develop youths, you can easily sign every top talent without any other teams going for them. The cpu team are way to slow when it comes to develop youth players. Atm im in 2018 with juventus, there has only been to big cash sales, Modric to Barcelona for 61 mill and Sakho to Man Utd for 57 mill pounds. Modric in 2011, and Sakho in 2016.. Between 2011 and 2016 the biggest transfer was 25-30 mill..

When it comes to stadiums, the only team to have build a new stadium is Chelsea, i have checked all major teams in england, spain, italy and france and compared it to the editor, and there is no teams that have expanded their stadium...

Still one month after creating this thread the feeling is the same.

The top clubs are simply making stupid transfers. Noone is buying the best players. Why do we never see a club activate the 52 mil. release clause of Aguero. I have just seen Man Utd buy Christian Molinaro (juventus) for 20 mil and Gary Cahill for 20 mil. One season have passed and both are sold for 4,5 and 6,25 mil. Neither of them played more than 5 games.

The lack of talents later on just kills the game. It cant be right you have to start a new game everytime 10-12 seasons have passed.

Archived