Second Season Syndrome

I'm asking for a bit of advice here, it seems in about 70% of my saves I get the dreaded second season syndrome. My tactics just stop working altogether and my players can't perform in my second season regardless of what happened in my first. I don't tend to sign alot of new players either so it's not problems with players gelling, any advice would be gratefully received :thdn:

AI have reacted to your new reputation.

You've been reassessed so they're using different tactics on you.

How successful were you in your first season?

In one game I was Fiorentina and I won the Italian cup and came 3rd in the league, second season comes along and I'm 9th after about 11 games on the verge of the sack. In another save as Udinese I finished 3rd first season and then second season after 13 games I'm 12th once again on the verge of the sack.

In one game I was Fiorentina and I won the Italian cup and came 3rd in the league, second season comes along and I'm 9th after about 11 games on the verge of the sack. In another save as Udinese I finished 3rd first season and then second season after 13 games I'm 12th once again on the verge of the sack.

Teams are going more defensive because your considered a more serious threat. They're sitting back and hitting you on the counter most likely.

How do you set up?

Formation?

Tempo?

Passing?

Creative Freedom?

ETC....

I normally play a fluid system and switch between control and attacking ect dependent on whats happening in the game. I play with a deep defensive line normally, short passing, normal tempo and default creative freedom. Obviously I change my tactics at each club to accommodate my best players but this is normally how I setup.

I normally play a fluid system and switch between control and attacking ect dependent on whats happening in the game. I play with a deep defensive line normally, short passing, normal tempo and default creative freedom. Obviously I change my tactics at each club to accommodate my best players but this is normally how I setup.

What type of goals are you conceding and are you having trouble scoring goals?

I'm mainly just having trouble scoring goals, in the vast majority of games I dominate but still draw or lose it's really frustrating.

Well if you have the players for it you can play a normal tempo game, with a lot of free roles.

Make sure that there are plenty of people available for a pass so don't set everyone on Attack. The majority of your players should really be on support. Also don't play with two attacking forwards. Make sure one of them drops deeper.

You'll need creative players for this. Not too many of them just 2-3 creative players.

I found that this 4-1-2-1-2 very successful in my second year. Still using it in fact.

Philosophy - Balanced

Starting Strategy - Control

Passing Style - Shorter

Creative Freedom - More Expressive

Closing Down - Press Moire

Tackling - Default

Marking - Man Marking

Crossing - Drill Crosses

Roaming - More Roaming

Play Offside - Yes

Sweeper Keeper - Defend

FBR - Full Back - Support

FBL - Full Back - Support

CBR - Central Defender - Cover

CBL - Central Defender - Cover

DMC - Defensive Midfielder - Support

MCR - Central Midfielder - Attack

MCL - Central Midfielder - Support

AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Support

STR - Advanced Forward

STL - Deep Lying Forward - Support

I always start with control, but sometimes that actually allows my opponents to attack me. Usually happens against smaller teams. I just switch to attack and watch the goals fly in.

My team play wonderful football and it's pretty consistent.

Archived