Who do you think are the worst players that are always good?

You haven't seen the real Gomes yet. The Gomes I watched in Holland for 4 years at PSV Eindhoven is, dare I say it, without a doubt the best goalie in the world. There's just no scoring against this guy. Here in Holland he got a clean sheet in 60% of his games!

Dirk Kuyt was scoring them for fun in Holland, he's by no means the best striker in the world.

No offence to the Dutch, your league is too easy. Average players tend to stand out like a sore thumb.

Dirk Kuyt was scoring them for fun in Holland, he's by no means the best striker in the world.

No offence to the Dutch, your league is too easy. Average players tend to stand out like a sore thumb.

Gomes is a fb GK, and Kuyt is bizarrely not played as a striker by Benitez. The Dutch league may have made players like Alfonso Alves look brilliant, but he's still not half bad.

Gomes is a fb GK, and Kuyt is bizarrely not played as a striker by Benitez. The Dutch league may have made players like Alfonso Alves look brilliant, but he's still not half bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a bad player.

I'm just saying that he's definitely no where near being the best GK in the world as the poster was suggesting.

Kuyt started up front for Liverpool, but couldn't do much. Lack of a proper winger made Benitez shift him to the right. Pretty productive last season but been having a mare recently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a bad player.

I'm just saying that he's definitely no where near being the best GK in the world as the poster was suggesting.

Kuyt started up front for Liverpool, but couldn't do much. Lack of a proper winger made Benitez shift him to the right. Pretty productive last season but been having a mare recently.

On his day Gomes is well up there at the Julio Cesar or Buffon level of having no idea how you're going to get past him, but I guess that can be said about most top goalies. :D I think it was a European game vs Arsenal where I saw Gomes and he seemed like a top top goalie. Kuyt is still best as a striker IMO - he looks most dangerous is when running towards the goal and taking shots.

As for staying on topic, I think Jo is a great call. Another I've had experience with always performing (somewhat unexpectedly) is Lee Hodson (sp?), Watford's young RB. :cool:

On his day Gomes is well up there at the Julio Cesar or Buffon level of having no idea how you're going to get past him, but I guess that can be said about most top goalies. :D I think it was a European game vs Arsenal where I saw Gomes and he seemed like a top top goalie. Kuyt is still best as a striker IMO - he looks most dangerous is when running towards the goal and taking shots.

As for staying on topic, I think Jo is a great call. Another I've had experience with always performing (somewhat unexpectedly) is Lee Hodson (sp?), Watford's young RB. :cool:

Gomes is phenomenal and is very quickly forging a place as one of the top 3 gk in the world.

On topic would have to agree with the Jo and Kuyt shouts.

Gomes drives me insane in FM10 - it takes around 6 CCC to score on him and even then sometimes you don't!

BABEL is another one that comes to mind - I know he's young but my god is he crap when he comes into a game. Lots of pace and shot power but he should have 3's for all of his mental stats he looks so clueless on the field. Yet in FM series he is a monster for some reason :(

Just to clarify, I didn't mean Gomes was bad, just better than irl. In game he never has any blunders, which he admittedly has irl. I do agree with Tevez, guy hits like 45 a year! Although he was on fire against Rovers.

Fraizer Campbell at Sunderland.

His stats were pretty poor compared to Darren Bent, my best striker, but when Bent got injured and Campbell got a sustained run in the first team he scored 11 goals in 9 games with 6 assists and 4 MoM awards.

Since then he has been my first choice striker and in the second season he scored over 30 goals in all competitions which is pretty damn good for a pretty average striker.

OR

Danny Welbeck at Man Utd.

Averaged 2 goals per game in pre season, all after being brought on in the 2nd half.

Then continued to play as a super sub for the whole season, playing 27 games in all competitions, never playing more than 45 minutes in any game, but scored 26 goals.

Palacios is superb IRL and this is reflected in game.

He's good IRL but has bad stats in the game.He has 10 for finishing but is the lead scorer in Seria A!!?!!!!WTF!!How can someone with worse finishing then my DC outscore Huntelar and Pato.

Archived