Any benefit to not appealing for a work permit?

and what i tend to do with contracts is wait until 2 yrs left then go again not had a work permit rejected to date with a new contract. if playing in prem or championship by time those contracts are up players normally taking up british citizenship so dont need a work permit

I don't understand all this work permit stuff.

If there is a certain things the player must have to qualify for a WP (like international appearances and stuff) what differance would appealling make?

It's actually quite simple. When IRL you ask for a work permit for a player, they look at his international apps (both in first team and youth teams). However, when a player doesn't have any (or not sufficient anyway), the work permit is denied. Which means that you will have to appeal. When you do this, you have to show them that the player you want to have a work permit for has exceptional talent. That's how it works here in Holland anyway.

it depends on the chances of suceeding and the importance of the signing

for example today i got Boro in the Prem and made a bid to sign Jo, the WP was rejected but i thought he would be a key player for me so appealed and he signed just the transfer window Jo picked up a long term injury leaving me with only Suazo,Lita and O'Connor which was an oversight on my part so delved into the free transfer market and the only player of any note there was Alvaro Recoba so thought i'd try get him in as back up, WP failed and i couldnt see a chance of a new one so left it

I don't understand all this work permit stuff.

If there is a certain things the player must have to qualify for a WP (like international appearances and stuff) what differance would appealling make?

The exact qualifiactions are to have played in 75%+ of senior international games over the last 2 years (prior to the application) for a country who have averaged in that period in the top 70 on the FIFA rankings. The appeals panel decides on players who don't meet the criteria, and their method is:

"- To consider whether the player is of the highest calibre.

- To consider whether the player is able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in England".

This panel is made up of FA officials, and independant experts (i.e. football and legal ones presumably). These rules are a bit different from the normal work permit rules, and can be found here.

Archived