I've never played in...

This is a topic about the countries that you haven't ever played/managed in the whole of FM series and even back when it was CM, but also want to start a game there but you are either caught up with a very good save, or perhaps something else that stops you from starting a new save in those places.

Mine are:

Norway

Brazil

Mexico

Portugal

Will definetly start a new save soon enough with lots of South American nations on, plus Mexico and Spain, Portugal and Italy as well, as possible destinations after creating a name in the Americas :) Can't think of how to combine Norway in a save, though I tried once with Denmark, Holland and Sweden back on FM6 though I never got a job there!

I only play in England, find it difficult playing foreign leagues as I have little or no knowladge of the club i'm managing.

Buy world soccer magazine for finding out gems, keep an eye on the main legues on the interweb. Also going into a league you don't know well is a great adventure.

Myself over the years the only major(ish) leagues I haven't tried are the Scandanavian ones, MLS, K-League and Sout Africa.

I've never played in Russia or any other eastern European countries. With foreigner limits, it makes the gameworld feel very, very small. Few players. I prefer a European game with a robust European player database.

Denmark, France, Belgium were all fun. Also played in Norway, South Africa, & Mexico, too.

The rising standard of the Romanian league has started to get me interested in trying the Romanian league one day, but most of all, I want to manage an African team. I plan on getting the Egyptian, Ivorian, Nigerian, Cameroonian, Moroccan and Tunisian leagues added one day, as well as a few more if I can find them to download or be bothered to add them myself, but whether I ever actually get round to doing this remains to be seen.

I really want to try managing in:

USA

Brazil

Singapore

Austrailia

Would recommend the Brazillian 3rd divison, lot of fun (and quite barking) as you play 2 league competitions and several cups. Despite having low CAs players still tend to have decent technical stats meaning you can play some nice football. In a samba beat 4222 formation of course.

I currently have England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Scotland, Belgium and Portugal loaded and thats usually always what I load, sometimes Holland too. So any country besides those 8 or 9 is a country Ive never managed in

Edit: Zenit I managed on FM09 too, blitzed the league must say. So I've managed Russia too :p

I almost always do England, Italy, Holland and spain. My computer isnt good enough for anymore and i only ever have that 1 really long career save. If i could get more without the game slowing id love to play:

Ukraine

Scotland

USA

France

Germany

Australia

Id also quite like to manage in Africa one day, or maybe a career save with all south american leagues loaded.

Never been outside Europe either. Predominantly in England & Germany is where I can be found plying my trade as "nearly man". Nearly winning that is:D Have dabbled in France, Portugal, Sweden & Spain but going out of Europe just hasn't caught my imagination yet.

Nearly winning a match I meant lol

i tend to play a fair few career games, jumping around Asia, Europe or South America. To memory I only haven't played in Chilie, Slovakia, and I think Rep Ireland. Fav leagues have to be Peru, Australia, S.Korea, Brazil, and England. Not a big fan of Russia though, just couldn't get into it for some reason.

I only play in England, find it difficult playing foreign leagues as I have little or no knowladge of the club i'm managing.

... I'm "the other side of the moon" here... I generally don't manage a team in my nation (Italy), I prefer to use FM to discover new countries, players, rules...

I usually only manage in Scotland and England but currrently playing a career game and started unemployed. Managing Cadiz in Spanish 2B4, lower league is hard work, especially with the restrictions but its a great challenge. I've loaded all British leagues, French, Italian, and Spanish leagues. Once I'm done with this game I'll try some International management then go to South America (in game, not real life :D)

- Argentina / Brazil. I'm always fascinated by the amount of talent and good players in these leagues. I actually started several savegames just to stop playing after one week (in game) because I find it so hard to remember the names of my players.

- South Africa. To me it seems that South African regens have about the highest standard on the continent and I always wanted to start a game with the Kaizer Chiefs or Orlando Pirates (I like the names).

- Russia.

- Ukraine (Dynamo Kiev). I liked the club very much in the 90's when they had that deadly Shevchenko/Rebrov duo up front.

- Bilbao? because of the player buying policy.

- A mediocre national team.

What stops me from starting a game in these countries is my current save with a small German club which I took from the 5th to the 1st division, I'm in 2021 now and my upcoming regens are too exciting to give up the savegame.

I had savegames on previous FM's in Norway, Holland, Sweden, England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Portugal, Italy, Spain, France, Mexico.

Despite being English I increasingly prefer games outside of my home country these days, so I've tried a few different leagues in the past such as Russia, Norway, Finland, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay.

There's plenty I want to try, including other South American leagues like Colombia or Peru, and another European league on a similar level to Finland or Norway, both of which I had fantastic save games in.

As far as I can remember, I've always played in England, Italy and Norway.

First and foremost because every year (since the "league expansion") I start a save with Rosenborg, and said savegame keeps me busy for most of the lifespan of the game.

Then because those are the leagues I know better and I have more interest in (albeit my interest in EPL has dropped significantly over the last decade or so]

Every year I promise myself I'll explore more countries, but I just can't focus on two saves at the same time, so Rosenborg will always be the #1 priority.

I nearly always manage in England, but I have also managed teams in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Belgium, Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Brazil, Chile, USA, South Africa, China and Australia! I LOVE doing saves in different leagues.

I usually play with two or three managers on one save so I always have at least 1 manager in England, and one abroad.

However, at the minute I am doing a save where I started as San Marino (country, not club) manager, and using the fantastic new competition editor, I have added the Sanmarinese league. I took over Cailungo by adding a second manager, then retired and applied for the job with my San Marino manager. So I now manage San Marino and Cailungo and it is fantastic. I am top after 23 games (you play 28) and I can't wait to take a team from San Marino into Europe, even though I will inevitably get destroyed :)

Great fun, great challenge, and it takes me back to my days of managing a side in the Sanmarinese league on Sensible World Of Soccer! SI, I love you :):thup:

The vast majority of my saves are based in Ireland or UK. In fact I'm pretty sure all saves since FM05 have started off in Ireland or UK.

Going back to the CM days, I've managed in Russia, Norway and France. I suppose it's easier putting it that way than listing all the countries I never loaded at start. :)

I have only managed football clubs in England and HK since I started with CM2.

However, I have managed various National team.

England (FM08, 2010 beat Spain in World Cup final)

Spain (FM08, 2012 beat England in Euro Champ final) :-)

Brazil

Ireland U19

Norway U21

Italy U21

(this is as far as I could remember)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived