New stadium requirements

Hi there!

As the title says, I was wondering what do I need to get a new stadium/expansion.

My stadium conditions are "very good" and it has a maximum capacity of 55000. The average attendance is 54970.

So, what are my chances?

Thanks in advance!:thup:

If your current stadium is quite new, it's unlikely you'll get a new one anytime soon unless you're man city. Money is the key. 55000 is a reasonable capacity. But if you have money, constantly fill it and it's not built within last 10 years there's always a chance. Keep pestering the board!

I'm managing Aston Villa, the stadium was built in 1889 (I guess) and I won 12 Premier Leagues in a row, 4 Champions Leagues, 4 Clubs World Cups and some cups.

The thing is I have around £30m in the bank but I'll have to replace some players (1 or 2). I bought some youngsters with 17/18 years old so I can't spend much on the following seasons.

Why don't they get a loan?

Does anybody have a similar problem?

£30m in the bank just isn't enough. They will take out a loan, but not an enormous one. Try and build that bank balance up to £150m. That's how much was in my bank when I got a new 62000ish (65000 now, and no more room) seat stadium.

Upon Promotion to Serie A with Venezia the board replaced my 7500 all terracing stadium, upgrading me to a 16145 all seater with undersoil heating. My finances were fairly good (10m or so banked from player sales) but they took a sizable loan out to pay for it. They did offset the cost with a significant deal for stadium sponsorship however.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7369/stadium.jpg

That was I am assuming a fairly standard upgrade perhaps triggered when the game realises you have a far inferior stadium to the level at which you will be competing?

I would guess a stadium at a club with a 55k seater would require a very strong bank balance to begin with - there would be little point in the club plunging itself into debt to pay for a stadium when they can already house a large number of fans. Ive been in a situation of having a 50kish stadium with Betis, £90m or so banked, and not had a new stadium built. Thats after 4 or 5 league victories & a CL trophy... so it seems like a lot of patience is needed at that level.

Yeah when you get promoted to the highest league your stadium is upgraded to all seater with more seats. If you do well in your first couple seasons there's a chance you can get a new stadium. Also got a new stadium via sponsorship. Shame it's not my name though. Will have to stay with the team for a another long time and hopefully get a new stadium with my name.

Archived