Why is Stuart Pearce still England manager?!

Year: 2022

England World Ranking: 23

How on earth is he still in the most renowned job in football?! Obviously can't cut it as England haven't qualified for the last 3 tournaments!

Pick me! Pick me! World Class rep. Tactically astute. Taking Havant and Waterlooville from the pit of the Blue Square South to Champions League qualification in a mere twelve seasons (Sat 1st in Group B, above Barca, Bordeux and Sampdoria after four games). Surely I could do a better job! Definately can't do any worse! Yes he's a legend, but surely thats not a reason as to why he should still be in the job?

If not myself, then surely someone else. Garry Neville has just led Man Utd to back to back Prem titles and two Champs League finals. Rio Ferdinand is doing a fine job at Everton. Bugger me, I would be happy to see David Moyes in there (currently at ARSEnal), regardless of his nationality!

I know the English FA aren't the most intelligent people when it comes to football, but surely even they can see that something is clearly not working!

PLEASE let someone else take over and restore some national pride!

I'm interested to know who is the manager of our great (or not so great) nation other peoples saves, and how they are getting on.

Cheers,

Brad

Oh, and to answer your question, I'm the England manager, in one of my saves anyway. :p

I'm doing all right. I took over from Capello in a terrific position and then took all of the glory when we qualified for the 2010 World Cup. I then led us to the World Cup final in South Africa but we lost to France and ended the tournament as runners-up. :(

The FA are pleased with me and have said that our run in the tournament 'enthralled the nation'. :D Shame we couldn't win it though.

P.S. Alan Shearer is my assistant. :cool:

If you find this too unrealistic and it bothers you that much, just add a new manager, take over England, then retire. Then apply for the job. I am sure you or Gary Neville will get it.

Did I say I thought was unrealistic?

England failing to qualify for three tournaments in a row, and yet the same manager who has all those failures to his name keeps his job?

No, you're right. Not unrealistic at all :rolleyes:

Archived