How old is too old to play Football Manager?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm 31 and have been playing this game for years. How much longer have I got left? Is 46 too old to be spending hours playing FM2025?

Reassure me and tell me that there are people out there still playing in their fifties. :o

I'm 31 too, and I don't see a time when I'll stop playing FM and other video games.

Whereas our parents probably don't play games (although my 57-yr old Dad is very good at Command and Conquer!), our generation has grown up with them and it's just as valid a form of entertainment as TV or going to the cinema in my opinion.

im 26 and still play this game. i still also play fifa which maybe a bit more worrying...

My Brother's nearly 30 and still buys FIFA religiously every year. I'm 23 and can see my self "Managing" until the athritis has set in to my wrists and fingers and I'm no longer able to click a mouse, but then I may just hire an assistant (One of my grandkids for a quid a day should do) and I'll just bark out the orders :D

Good plan CMOZZA, although that does involve having children at some point and therefore having less time for FM. :(

Well if it prolongs my career in Football management then I'm sure 15mins every now and again would be worth it :D

I'm 42. We did a survey in the Handheld forum and there were quite a few of us in our 40s playing that version nevermind the more comprehensive (and may be more justifiable?) PC version!

I'm one of the first console gamers who played those 70s TV bat and ball games. Have a PS3, Xbox, PSP, DS (sold the Wii)and play MMOGs on PC. I'll keep going until my brain gives up on me! :)

Well if it prolongs my career in Football management then I'm sure 15mins every now and again would be worth it :D

Good point. :thup:

I wonder how many of the 25+ members, like me, only play Football Manager and don't play any other computer games?

There is something about FM which always keeps me coming back to it, while I have little or no interest in any other computer game. I don't really see that changing as I grow older and I think it will always be a hobby of mine.

I wonder how many of the 25+ members, like me, only play Football Manager and don't play any other computer games?

There is something about FM which always keeps me coming back to it, while I have little or no interest in any other computer game. I don't really see that changing as I grow older.

I'm pretty much the same, been playing the CM/FM series for nearly 15 years now and it's the only game I play religiously that I never get bored of, had a stint there with tiger woods on the wii but that soon diminished.

Good plan CMOZZA, although that does involve having children at some point and therefore having less time for FM. :(

As a 31 year old with a 5 month old son I can say that there is less time for FM than there used to be.

But its good having him sat on my lap watching the players running around on the screen. In fact hes become something of a lucky mascot - my strikers seem to have goal droughts when hes not watching.

There is something about FM which always keeps me coming back to it, while I have little or no interest in any other computer game. I don't really see that changing as I grow older and I think it will always be a hobby of mine.

I don't see myself only ending up playing FM, mainly because I like change and have a short attention span. :D

Perhaps I'll rotate FM, as I do now, with a couple of other games. :cool: Have to play classic or slightly childish games sometimes.

Apparently, the mind remains quite fresh and can regenerate itself even in old age.

Our minds, other than gaining experience is no different than a mind of lets say when we are 20 or 25.

At 90, our bodies are fragile because of problems with cell replication and free radicals.

All living creatures shouldn't age if we could repair this issue and if one day it were to be repaired, we would all look extreemly young, as if we were in our teens and I am sure there would be a lot less stress and we would be playing a lot more games.

:D

On that same note actually I was given a games voucher for xmas that expires at the end of June, I asked, what the hell am I supposed to do with this? FM11 won't be out till October!!!

Needless to say I got some funny looks!!!

I'm 27 and FM is how I enjoy my free time, that and playing football with my son whilst trying to teach him tactics playing fm! However, I do occasionally drop back to play Total War : Rome.

To be honest with work, and general house stuff I don't really have time to play all the games like I did ten years ago, so I focus on the one that gives me the most joy, frustration, anger, relief etc.

On that same note actually I was given a games voucher for xmas that expires at the end of June, I asked, what the hell am I supposed to do with this? FM11 won't be out till October!!!

Needless to say I got some funny looks!!!

Never too old, some people play golf in retirement, some people spend hours a day down the local shop wondering what they went there to buy, some people take up bowls....

...for me, i'll be playing constant football manager with the nurse on standby to feed and bathe me!

Sorry Crouchy, not in your clique on that one ;)

Im 27, still playing FM every day and have my PS3 for every now and again.

Im a game hoarder! I have tons of games for that and the PC that i like the look of and buy, only to not ever play them. Religiously it's FIFA and FM every year. FIFA to beat my brother in law and FM to be the greatest.

I dont spend as much time on the console because it uses the TV. FM helps me get around that by eing able to play on the laptop whilst spending "family" time with the rest of the crew. It suits me and the mrs that way.

34 and going strong. I will always game, and i think i will always play FM.

Recently got a slipped disc playing football and at my age i don't know if i will be playing again, so, FM will be my substitute for some years to come. :thup:

I'm fifty and been playing since the first championship manager. Apart from a short fling with medeval total war and Madden on the xbox, Football Manager is my main game and hopefully will be for many years to come. My adult kids have been told to get it for me when I'm in an old folks home.

Archived