Player Personality Question (Professionalism)

Is there anyway to find out how professional a player is?

Sometimes you get descriptions like Driven and such that don't give any kind of indication.

If there isn't shouldn't scouts be a little more helpful when it comes to these hidden stats?

Real managers hang out with their players almost everyday. They get a good idea themselves without having to resort to coaches where as we are left to guess.

By using FM scout?

Not what I had in mind.

I was hoping for something like they have now only a little more descriptive.

Things like professionalism I feel should be fairly obvious to us managers.

Others like temperament and big matches or injury proneness we can find out through experience. Picking up through hints as the game progresses like we do now.

There's a complete guide to personalities on the forums somewhere if you search, which tells you what the different personality descriptions mean in terms of mental attributes.

If you are trying to build a highly professional team, steer clear of players described as slack or casual. Sign players who have 'professional' in the personality description, or are labelled model citizen, perfectionist, resolute, or spirited.

The coach/scout reports have a section titled 'personality', I can't check right now but does this have comments about professionalism?

This.

If he is professional/unprofessional it will tell you so.

If it doesn't say anything about professionalism it is around 10.

I know about the personality thing in the player/squad report. To be honest it's not very descriptive. Most of the time it describes one or two attributes out of 6 or 8.

I'd like to be able to gauge how good a tutor would be on a little more than that. I think it should be pretty easy for a manger to select the right tutor IRL, after all they do get to know their players well. And managers would want their best players to tutor promising youngsters.

Maybe SI can add a tutor report or something. We can ask our coaches to give us a report that will help us as managers figure out who the best mentors in the team are.

i tihnk the personality comment in the scout report will solely give their best hidden attribute.

Which is perfectly fine, but there can be undesired hidden attributes that are not mentioned because they aren't too bad (but bad enough to not make a tutor) to be the prevailing attribute described.

A determined player can have a low professional attribute, but not low enough to be described as unprofessional. Just low enough to not be a very suitable tutor. Professionalism is one of the most important aspects when it comes to nurturing talent.

We as managers should be in a better position to judge which of our players would make the best tutors.

Archived