editor FM10 problem :(

I am having problems with the editor database.

I have created a new database that i would like to use in the game but when i load the game up and start a new game it only displays 'Default' database? It does however say that there are 4 databases that have been created, which is true. So it is in some sort of way establishing a connection. :confused:

Ive searched the forums and have found alot of editor problems but not one that acctually relates to my problem?

Cheers!

im quite new to editor database..i just go to editor app and load the database..after making some changes to my likings,i will then click on save or save as Config file in SI>Football Manager 2010>editor app>config..is that right? I'm not too sure about it because,when I load the game,the changes that I have made,does not reflect on the game..It's like I save it at another file,but the system seems to load another database..need help pls..how i gonna load the one that I have edited?

sorry Cowtoe for im intruding your thread..because since i have similar problems,so i decided to post in here as well..can you tell me exactly where i supposed to save the Config file at? For instance,in order for me to open up editor, i have to go C:>SI>Football Manager 2010>Tools>Editor...then i will just click on load database from File menu..once loaded and changes made,i will click on save database or click on save as..it will pop up directory on where to save it..and Config file is there..so i just save it..can you tell me where exactly to save the file..is it right to save and overwrite at Config file under editor app folder?

sorry Cowtoe for im intruding your thread..because since i have similar problems,so i decided to post in here as well..can you tell me exactly where i supposed to save the Config file at? For instance,in order for me to open up editor, i have to go C:>SI>Football Manager 2010>Tools>Editor...then i will just click on load database from File menu..once loaded and changes made,i will click on save database or click on save as..it will pop up directory on where to save it..and Config file is there..so i just save it..can you tell me where exactly to save the file..is it right to save and overwrite at Config file under editor app folder?

Do NOT save it over the config file. You have to save it seperately. If you do overwrite the config file, delete it and a new one will be automatically made.

oh ok..will try it again later..currently at work..will do it at night after work..so what if i save it over the config file? the funny thing is, after saving all the changes and close the editor,and when i open the editor and load database,the default one loaded instead..i mean the one which omits my changes..i have to manually search and load the config file to view my desired data(the one that i have made changes on)..am i doing it right?my question is,where do the editor load the database from if that's the case?how should i get the editor and the FM game to actually load the file that i have make changes from?

oh ok..will try it again later..currently at work..will do it at night after work..so what if i save it over the config file? the funny thing is, after saving all the changes and close the editor,and when i open the editor and load database,the default one loaded instead..i mean the one which omits my changes..i have to manually search and load the config file to view my desired data(the one that i have made changes on)..am i doing it right?my question is,where do the editor load the database from if that's the case?how should i get the editor and the FM game to actually load the file that i have make changes from?

Delete the config file, make the changes again, and follow the steps I told the other guy. Then you should have a working edited database. :thup:

Archived