No Benefit From Fan Takeover

Ok so recently my St Albans team have been taken over by a group of fans and they have declared that at this time they will not be putting any money into any area of the club. Is having fans take over the club a bad thing or is their some benefit that I cant see yet? I am held in high regard at St Albans (have taken them from BSS to CCL1) but this just seems like a kick in the teeth as the previous board members were more than willing to listen to my requests and put resources into the club. Seems like the club has dropped off rather than progressing. Let me know what you guys think :(

I've only been taken over once, they only removed debt. Although that did make more funds available because all of the profit was being reinvested rather than being used to pay off debt interest. Sounds like you got quite unlucky though. It's quite realistic though - I don't imagine any fan takeover groups have the kind of funding to be able to invest directly into a club, unless, of course, there's a Richard Branson in their midst. Probably best to hold tight until a business consortium come along.

this just seems like a kick in the teeth as the previous board members were more than willing to listen to my requests and put resources into the club.

Was this under the original chairman John Gibson? That doesn't sound like him. :rolleyes:

Perhaps need to review his attributes for the next patch.

Seems like the club has dropped off rather than progressing. Let me know what you guys think :(

As others have said, I'm not sure that there is any benefit to a fan takeover in the game. In real life, the current City chairman has been threatening to leave the club over the last few years, and the Saints City Trust was setup this season in order to give the fans a bigger say in the future of the football club.

While the real life benfits to a fan takeover are pretty clear (although there are obviously risks as well), I don't think this is reflected in the game. Given the increasing number of fans' trusts (especially at the lower levels) this might be something worth looking into for the future of FM.

Yeah crouch it was Gibson, he had another takeover fall through not long before the fan takeover so he has wanted out for a while which I was suprised about. I dont care about getting extra transfer funds and so on the thing that annoys me is since the takeovver I have had my whole available transfer fund taken away and I cant even make a request for anything.

Archived