Does my game end here?

Here's an interesting one for you...

I'm playing with Portsmouth and managed to win the Premiership in my first season thereby qualifying for the Champions league.

I have only ever had one player who has been trained at the club between 15 and 21 - I therefore got to the stage of trying to register my squad for the Champions League and the game keeps indicating that I cannot proceed as I do not have 4 players trained by the club.

Is that it for this game? Does it mean that you realistically only have one season in FM if you aren't one of the traditional CL teams and have a good season? Any way round this?

Leave as many open spaces as you need homegrown players and it'll be fine. So if you need 4, only have 1, just register 22 players.

To be fair, this tip should be in the game. Lots of threads around the board about it.

Thank you for your quick responses - just submitted the squad!

Phew! :thup:

Just means I have an effective squad of 22, not 25!

Thank you for your quick responses - just submitted the squad!

Phew! :thup:

Just means I have an effective squad of 22, not 25!

Yup, but remember that any player under 21 before you registered the squad will be able to play, registered or not!

Have fun in the Champions League!

What they all said, and nice to see you getting a quick response.

Congratulations on winning the title with Pompey aswell. :thup:

How the hell did you win the PL with Portsmouth in the 1st season?

Great opening post on the forum! Lol. That's it, this post, then bang, back out again :D

Also:

edgar555

Part-timer

Location: I'm no 'fanboi' (do you feel cooler using an 'i' instead of a 'y'?) I just happen to like FM.

No itz nt cuz dey tink dey iz cool it iz just coz dey cnt spel n dat init nuf sed

biggest problem tbh.. is that weaker clubs doesnt have youth.. and they get generated randomly , thus you have no 3 years at club and such..

when i picked random l2 club.. and won l2 and l1 in next season ( as in france ) i got hit by whole need to have xxx players.. and i had 0 .. i mean 0 ?

things like those shouldnt passed closed beta, not to mention making to retail game.. and past 2 patches

Archived