Chairman??

Everyone i'm sure will jump down my throat, but i wish there was a way we could be a chairman in the game, i think it could be a phenomenal addidtion to the game. chosing when to hire and fire a manager, giving the manger transfer/wage budgets hopefuly not doing a pompey. and when possible sell the club for a good fee. i think the last part would be the best selling a championship club you have invested in could bring a great price and therefore you could go and atempt to buy a different club. am i barking? or would some people love to see this in the game??

it would be a good idea, however i cant see it ever being added to the game sadly.

but i do love the idea of being a top manager at at top club and getting alot of wages (which are wasted and would be the perfect reason for you to be getting wages not just to boast at how much you have earnt) and buying a smaller club and giving them so much money ever year to make it to the top.

Personally I'd definitely buy a game like that. I've always liked business strategy games for whatever reason, and I'm football mad. Been craving a game like that for years.

Wouldn't want it added into FM though. It would take a lot of development time from the core aspect of this game, and no offence to SI, this game needs a lot more work.

Can do. Simple. In the editor create a new person, make him/her chairman and add to club of choice. My club's chairman is 'The Wife'.

Today she told me we need to buy a new washing machine before we can strengthen the squad.

True, actually.

you are a brave man. My missus would spend the club into debt thinking Tevez is a pair of shoes

Can't wait for football chairman 2011! ;)

Seriously though, no, no and no. This is a management sim, not a chairman sim!

Please don't use that word. I'm sitting here playing FM and telling you my wife's the chairman, while she's sitting next to me playing The Sims, having me doing the feckin' dishes!! The horror, the horror :eek:

Please don't use that word. I'm sitting here playing FM and telling you my wife's the chairman, while she's sitting next to me playing The Sims, having me doing the feckin' dishes!! The horror, the horror :eek:

Dude, our lives sound far too similar. The only reason I get to play FM is due to my missus being obsessed with the Sims 3!

You could expand on just the Chairman role.... Director of football....Scout....Head of Youth acadamy...Cleaner..Admin assistant...

No no no... sorry I dunno if that would appeal to me tbh...as some others have said - what would you do throughout most of the game?

Dude, our lives sound far too similar. The only reason I get to play FM is due to my missus being obsessed with the Sims 3!

Sims 3? Easy there tiger!

I downloaded Sims 1. Later I'll drip in an expansion pack one by one, and graduate up to Sims 2 in time for FM11. Remember, it's a marathon not a sprint.

It also helps that we're in Cambodia and this is all so novel to her. Along with Men Behaving Badly and Only Fools and Horses. I get to relive 10 or 20 years ago whilst it's all new to her.

Sims 3? Easy there tiger!

I downloaded Sims 1. Later I'll drip in an expansion pack one by one, and graduate up to Sims 2 in time for FM11. Remember, it's a marathon not a sprint.

It also helps that we're in Cambodia and this is all so novel to her. Along with Men Behaving Badly and Only Fools and Horses. I get to relive 10 or 20 years ago whilst it's all new to her.

You are clearly some sort of god, we are not worthy :)

I bought a game years ago called 'Director of Football'. It had Ally McCoist on the front cover and cost me about £2.50. I can tell you that, it was the worst £2.50 I've ever spent. You. Oils do everything, get advertising on the boards around the pitch, extend the stadium stand by stand, pick players to buy and sell and even manage the team. It was very badly thought out and possibly one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.

i pretty much play FM10 as a chairman/director of football. I do everything except play the matches. Many clubs do this. I wish FM would let you do it. Because in many clubs the board has more of a control over transfers. They really should let you control feeder clubs more and stadium building, getting loans, etc.

Archived