I don't even know why I am still trying

Ok, that's the 5th game in a row you have 20 CCC and the opposition GK being MoM?

he got 3 cccs , 13 long shots.. 10 blocked , its still quite impressive number , since ccc is impossible to convert its quite meaningless, but i know what you mean.. i have plenty of ss like that..

It's hardly a great statistical sample given that nobody bothers posting the millions of games in which they create more chances, score more goals and win. People only post the anomalous examples were they lose a game the stats say they should win.

@ Glamdring I don't remember playing against a big team and taking 2 shots and scoring 2 goals at an away game.

Of course not. That is part of the human condition - we have selective memory and focus on the cases that go against us, ignoring the others and just letting them fade from our memory.

This has alwasy been something of an issue, but what the actual issue is is debateable. Having that many shots on goal is, as others have said, unrealistic. My Ayr United team had 40 shots on goal against Aberdeen in an FM09 game they managed to squeeze a 2-1 win out of. I rarely get big wins since team talks got involved and screw up any chance of bagging lots of 2nd half goals when you are 2-0 up at half time. In your case though it was just simply bad luck.

Of course not. That is part of the human condition - we have selective memory and focus on the cases that go against us, ignoring the others and just letting them fade from our memory.

Here's one I've just played, I'm Angelholm btw. Obviously not as one-sided as the OP's but its fair to say I took something of a battering for the majority of the game here.

gefle1.jpg

gefle2.jpg

But hang on don't results like the first one posted by the OP happen IRL. A small team gets battered for most of the game yet scores 1 or 2 goals to sneak the win?

I've never in all my life of watching football matches seen anything as extreme as the OP's example. And I've been watching matches for well over 20 years.

Yeah, a massive club losing 0-2 at home to a team like Malaga can and does happen all the time (Leeds \o/) but not in the manner of the OP's example. That's the problem here - match stats on FM can genuinely be a load of old nonsense. :D

Yeah, a massive club losing 0-2 at home to a team like Malaga can and does happen all the time (Leeds \o/) but not in the manner of the OP's example. That's the problem here - match stats on FM can genuinely be a load of old nonsense. :D

I think this is the key point here. Quite often in FM we look at the number of shots and see we have had a massive amount, as in the OP, wheras the opposition only seems to have had a handful. Most of the time though those massive amount of shots are made up of ambitous long shots and other such data, which somewhat inflates the figure.

As for the OP i am guessing, and this is just my opinion mind you, that Malaga would have played a backs to the wall tactic and soak up as much pressure as possible and maybe sneak a goal on the break. Which is why they would only have a couple of chances. Is this how the game played out?

I feel the need to point out that having 30+ shots on target and only 3 CCC's is a clear indication that his team are not playing at the right tempo... ie. his strikers are being rushed into taking a shot and as a result the actual quality of the shots is so dire that only 3 of them even looked like they might go in.

Secondly for everybody that makes these threads and all the people that go "omgs SI are cheating"....

Why would SI program the AI to cheat you out of a win?

Its like saying that Ford or Mercedes purposefuly burst your car tires and smash out the brake lights.... you know because thats gonna make you buy another one right?

They aren't trying to cheat players, it's just that sometimes they don't get it quite right.

What ever the calculations are in determining who wins the game mustn't be a little off if this keeps happening.

It could be a tactics thing generating far too many easy for the goalkeeper chances.

But either way things like this should only happen a couple of times a season, if that.

Can i just point out a certain Birminham - Man Utd game this weekend

Man Utd battered the supposedly weaker Birmingham for the majority of the game, Birmingham have 1 attack and bam theyre in front and the goal was a tap in, its a lapse in concentration from the defense it does happen

Hey im a Barnsley fan and we do beat teams sometimes, even that surprises me

Lol. Only 3 clear cut chances from 29 shots on target :D

I've stopped playing 10.2 for a while because in every match I played, one of my players always gets injured. It's so silly to have at least one injury every game. SI say this is very realistic. Lol.

You can see in the OP that Xabi Alonso was injured in the 56th min.

The original poster should try the "Work the ball into the box" shout to stop his team wasting so many openings with speculative shots. Admittedly a team like Real Madrid would normally win despite such bad tactics as they would smash in a couple of the speculative shots. I personally don't think posting the one time that it fails shows a particular fault with the ME, more a problem with the manager not reacting to what was happening in the match!

What are you complaining about?

Just look at your player ratings, you are playing extreemly poorly.

You only had 3 clear cut chances which means most of your shots are coming from outside the box, or at acute angles.

Try a slower tempo, play a short passing game. If that team is playing counter attacking, then play narrow and drop your defensive line a little below normal.

If they are playing a passing game, press more.

The last thing you want to do is play an attacking game against a side who is going to sit deep and counter you.

Use the Analysis tool, to see where most of your shot's came from and maybe try to lower their creative freedom, lower their long shots to rarely and make their passing (as already stated) to short - not mixed.

I can tell that you played a quick tempo from that screen shot because of the extreemly high level of rushed chances you had.

People who are struggling with the game should read this thread.

I too used to blame SI for all these strange score lines and woeful performances.

After reading the guides people created and went through that thread above, I have become quite a good manager because I have come to understand how the game works and how much the average playerr does not do on a game to game basis.

Can i just point out a certain Birminham - Man Utd game this weekend

Man Utd battered the supposedly weaker Birmingham for the majority of the game, Birmingham have 1 attack and bam theyre in front and the goal was a tap in, its a lapse in concentration from the defense it does happen

Hey im a Barnsley fan and we do beat teams sometimes, even that surprises me

According to the Match Stats on MOTD both teams had just about the same amount of shots and Birmingham created clearly the better chances.

Your post is insignificant to the thread.

What are you complaining about?

Just look at your player ratings, you are playing extreemly poorly.

You only had 3 clear cut chances which means most of your shots are coming from outside the box, or at acute angles.

Try a slower tempo, play a short passing game. If that team is playing counter attacking, then play narrow and drop your defensive line a little below normal.

If they are playing a passing game, press more.

The last thing you want to do is play an attacking game against a side who is going to sit deep and counter you.

Use the Analysis tool, to see where most of your shot's came from and maybe try to lower their creative freedom, lower their long shots to rarely and make their passing (as already stated) to short - not mixed.

I can tell that you played a quick tempo from that screen shot because of the extreemly high level of rushed chances you had.

People who are struggling with the game should read this thread.

I too used to blame SI for all these strange score lines and woeful performances.

After reading the guides people created and went through that thread above, I have become quite a good manager because I have come to understand how the game works and how much the average playerr does not do on a game to game basis.

Excellent post Ezequiel, glad to see you getting on better with FM! :)

Combining the stats together suggests your players were just having random pot shots.

59% possession of a 90 minute game suggests you had the ball for 53 minutes. To then have 45 shots in this time is around a shot per minute. Hardly indicative of a team creating good chances. As the game went on, did you throw more bodies forward? Whilst it may sound illogical sometimes I do the opposite. If by half time I've had 10+ shots but only 2 or 3 on target and the opposition hasn't had a shot then I take my formation down to be a bit more composed with less long shots and more through balls. You can debate the "thats not how football works" aspect of it but sometimes you have to take the "it's a game - play it" view point and follow the advice of some of the more experienced posters on here.

According to the Match Stats on MOTD both teams had just about the same amount of shots and Birmingham created clearly the better chances.

Your post is insignificant to the thread.

According to Soccernet, United had 21 shots, but only 3 on target, against 7 (4) for City. United had 62% possession. I think his point makes sense: a supposedly better team can dominate a game and have a lot of shots, but not create many CCC.

Ezequiel_Lavezzi: thanks for your post, I learnt a few things from it.

It is somewhat baffling the attiude of a lot of posters on these forums. The number of "ive had enough, not playing anymore" crybaby rants is astonishing. If someone has decided to no longer play the game because they can't thrash every team 6-0, I couldn't care less. Don't play the game. Its attention seeking of the most childish kind. I'm not say the OP here is having a hissy fit, but its in the same vain. Ok, so you've had an anomalous result. Its not as though that never happens in football.

Likewise the number of "do SI care to explain themselves" demands make me laugh. Its like some people have their heads in the clouds or firmly inserted in their rear. I'm assuming a lot of people play consoles, or other PC games. What do you do when you get shot in COD? Or the opposition score against you in Pro Evo? Do you demand a reply from Konami etc explaining why you didn't get your own way. Maybe its a much deeper societal issue? Instant gratification for as little effort as possible.

Anyway, the explaination for the OP's problem was succintly explained by Ezequiel-Lavezzi. And if that wasn't sufficient he has even made it so easy to find the thread to explain why people don't win every game by picking the best 11 and pressing continue. Oh and one more thing, the most I imagine the majority of people paid for the game is £30. How many other entertainment mediums offer hour upon hour, day upon day etc value for money as the FM series, my guess is not many.

Archived