question about graphics/memory cards

Hello all did a search for this but could not find anything relevant.

1) I can play fm2010 with a ATI Radeon 9200 card but its a bit choppy. (all my other specs are fine) The question is i have looked around and seen 9800 cards but they have, for example, got 256mb included in there discription. Does anyone know of the importance of the 'mb' bit? I mean should i buy one with more memory or is it important?

2) can anyone recommend a cheap place to look? I goggle shopped it and cheapest one i found was £37.17 which is cheap compared to pc world. I also tried using megashopbot but it came up with some really odd things lol.

3)I know radeon graphic cards fit my pc etc so want to stick with it but is it worth getting better than whats recommened for fm? if so what radeon card could anyone recommend.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

If your budget is £30-50, then try and find an HD 4760, one of the best budget cards out there. Look on Ebay and Scan.co.uk to see if you can get one for cheap.

Oh i forgot to add, the MB part. You have to be careful because some cards show this amount but will never reach it, probably because the brand isn't great. If ATI Radeon is your preference, then stick with ASUS, Gigabyte, Sapphire as brands. They are normally decent.

Archived