Suggestion: Optional Response Required When Other Clubs Come In For Your Staff

It would look something like 'City approach X' with an optional response 'Offer X new contract'.

Personally I'd prefer a forced response with two choices 'Offer X new contract' and 'Allow X to hold talks with City', so I don't lose my staff by missing the message. For lazy people though, I think an optional response makes a nice compromise.

Thoughts?

They get stolen from me in between processing periods so often I don't even get a chance to offer them anything.

Definitely agree with you. Something should be done. Even if it's simply stopping in the middle of processing to deliver news of the offer.

This kind of thing (even with players) is fairly buggy in the game anyway. You shouldn't have to be offering a new contract for the coach to actually make a decision between staying with you or moving. In my experience they always move if you don't offer them a contract, but if you offer a new contract identical to the one he is currently on this creates a proper decision and he often signs that instead of leaving.

the idea of a forced response from the user is good is good as i have also lost the odd member of staff when i have been skipping through the inbox.

however, can you actually stop coaches taking to clubs if they come in for them ? is it the same as a contracted player or can you only offer them a new/better contract in the hope that they decide to stay with you?

the idea of a forced response from the user is good is good as i have also lost the odd member of staff when i have been skipping through the inbox.

however, can you actually stop coaches taking to clubs if they come in for them ? is it the same as a contracted player or can you only offer them a new/better contract in the hope that they decide to stay with you?

You offer them the exact same contract, they'll stay.

yes i usually do, but the OP suggested a forced response form the player so you dont miss them, his idea what that you either offer them a new contract or you allow them to talk to the club who is trying to "poach" them..

my question is, can you actually stop staff members talking to another interested party like you can a player, i am of the opinion that this is something you cannot actually do so you have no choice but to allow the member of staff to talk to the other party.

Absolutely nothing we can do about it. You can offer them a contract every year, it lowers the chances of them leaving, but doesn't work 100% of the time.

Once I gotinto a bidding war with Newcastle over one of my coaches. They offered him a contract so I countered, they came back a few days later with another one so I countered again. Went on for quite a while til I got fed up and just allowed him to leave.

The same applies for us as managers.

Once I was called up by a higher profiling team whilst at the earlier part of a contract with a team that I was enjoying a lot of success with. But they had this policy of not offering to renew my contract until a certain point in time.

That is pretty stupid. I wanted to do what I´d do in real life. Come to the chairman and tell him I´d consider staying even for a lower salary than the one which was offered by the other team, but that I would like to have a raise based on the reputation the club had achieved.

Funny thing is that the club, when got to know about me receiving an offer, told the press they´d do the best for me to stay or something like it, and I went to the board room section just to learn there was no clickable option to renegotiate my salary.

however, can you actually stop coaches taking to clubs if they come in for them ?

Point noted. Didn't mean for it to sound that way. Perhaps this would be better:

City approach Rice

Your personal assistant has informed you that Manchester City have offered a contract to Rice as assistant manager.

(Offer Rice a new contract) (Dismiss)

yes i usually do, but the OP suggested a forced response form the player so you dont miss them, his idea what that you either offer them a new contract or you allow them to talk to the club who is trying to "poach" them..

my question is, can you actually stop staff members talking to another interested party like you can a player, i am of the opinion that this is something you cannot actually do so you have no choice but to allow the member of staff to talk to the other party.

Elaborated on above. Your personal assistant forces you to respond so that you don't accidentally lose your staff by missing the message. It doesn't actually prevent/allow your staff from holding talks with other teams.

Agree that the original post was poorly phrased.

Archived