"Dubbed the new Kaka" (Dunno what to do with him)

HE looks good, promising, but the fact you've used an editor to check him, (and god knows what else) - Kind of defeats the purpose of the "Dubbed the new Kaka" part. You're supposed to take a chance, and see where he goes, not open up an editor to know exactly what will happen with him. I just don't see how thats fun.

With regards to the player, he looks decent. The fact I now know his PA though, would make me not bother with him. I know he'll never be a world class player.

It's his game, he can play it how he likes. :p

I didn't say he couldn't, did I? I didn't say he's cheating, I didn't say he is ruining the game for everyone. I just said I don't see the point, and I don't see how its fun. Am I not allowed to share my opinion?

normally I dont use RTE for that, but with this i couldnt help myself. prob gonna sign him anyway.

Thats cool. You won't be able to sign him for 3 years though. And I still don't think he would be worth it, because he won't be a World Class player.

152 could be world class. 160 is supposed to be the world class threshold, and a player with attributes focused in a certain way would be as good as a 160 player.

The lowest CA I've seen any player achieve a description of World Class (EG "World Class Midfielder, World Class Center Back" etc.) is in the mid 180's. If you mean "can contribute in any league in the world" then yes 160's would be about right.

If his PA is only 152 he'll never be more than a backup player.

Well at a big club. Could be a star for most Premier League clubs.

And what NepentheZ said, I don't see how checking PAs is fun, but it's your game. The fun should have been taking a risk. As he said, he obviously won't be world class but finding out just how good he can be and developing him is a gamble and all part of the fun.

HE looks good, promising, but the fact you've used an editor to check him, (and god knows what else) - Kind of defeats the purpose of the "Dubbed the new Kaka" part. You're supposed to take a chance, and see where he goes, not open up an editor to know exactly what will happen with him. I just don't see how thats fun.

With regards to the player, he looks decent. The fact I now know his PA though, would make me not bother with him. I know he'll never be a world class player.

152 pa isnt even anywhere near kaka.. this is exactly why you use editor.. 152 is good for lower teams in prm.. and better ones in ch.. while real kaka is far beyond that.. difference is just too big

152 pa isnt even anywhere near kaka.. this is exactly why you use editor.. 152 is good for lower teams in prm.. and better ones in ch.. while real kaka is far beyond that.. difference is just too big

That's not a reason to use an editor. It's up to you as a manager to take a risk or not. With his decisions being only 2, I'd have been wary that he could become a world class player.

Totally agree with you NepentheZ. I used fmrte in one game and it ruined it for me.

Looks decent the player but as you know his potential you know he isn't going to become one of the worldwide players in the future.

obviously not the next kaka with a PA of 152. This is exactly why i use FMRTE to look at peoples CA and PA. The game and scouts are normally way off in what they tell you.

I made a bid for a regen in my game with a PA of 192 and my Ass Man told me to withdraw the bid because he wasnt good enough. Yeh maybe not now but he will be. And my Ass Man has a JPP of 19 so that just proves that the game tells you a load of crap sometimes.

FMRTE isnt a Bad thing. If you want to throw away millions on misleading scout reports then fine thats your choice. But people please dont start with the "your a cheat" comments just because somebody wants to see what they are paying their money for

I can see what I am paying my money for. I look at the player's attributes. Anything else is future and that is for either me or my scouts or both to judge.

Using an editor would make signing players very boring for me - I'd never make any mistakes and just end up with the best players every time. The number of players in real life who have been "dubbded the new xxx" and have not lived up to anything like that promise is huge so it should be in the game too.

As I said (so have others) it's your game, play how you want. No one was accused of cheating, in fact cheating wasn't mentioned at all.

Scouts really aren't that bad. You should still use you're own judgement as well as scouts. Even the best scouts shouldn't get it right every time.

Play the game you're own way, but looking at CAs and PAs with any editor is cheating. If you want to justify it to youself because you think the best scouts should always get it right then that's up to you.

I bought the "next Graeme Souness" at ManU, as he qualified to play for England aswell as Scotland and i was the England manager i thought it would be funny to pick him for England. Sadly the "next ..." went away once he'd represented England. Oh well, I'd have found it amusing anyway :D.

As I said (so have others) it's your game, play how you want. No one was accused of cheating, in fact cheating wasn't mentioned at all.

Scouts really aren't that bad. You should still use you're own judgement as well as scouts. Even the best scouts shouldn't get it right every time.

Play the game you're own way, but looking at CAs and PAs with any editor is cheating. If you want to justify it to youself because you think the best scouts should always get it right then that's up to you.

im not saying they should get it right every time. thats just silly. Actually im not using FMRTE, im using the hidden attributes files that you can put into the skin and then choose them via a custom view. So is something that the game allows me to see classed as cheating. The same goes for if you use the official editor to look at players CA and PA. Is it cheating to use something that is part of the game?

Yes, they are hidden for a reason. They are part of the game yes, but not a part of the game you're meant to look at.

Up to you if you do it though, I just don't see the fun in it though. Might as well buy all the best 16 year olds then holiday for 10 years and come back after when you've won everything.

I just signed a player dubed the new Joe Jordan for Plymouth...not sure what that means, but I guess I'll find out! Since he was from before my time following football I only know him from being a dour Scot commenting on Football Italia 10 years ago and being Harry Redknapp's sidekick. I want my 17 year old striker to do neither of those things, prefereably, but I took a chance and signed him anyway.

You don't need to check the editor for that, look at how many players have been labelled the new maradonna and none have lived up to it, Messi may be the first. The fun is in the gamble of signing a youngster thats widely tipped by the media to be a star and you have to do your best to get him there, checking his PA means you know he will or won't live up to a certain standard and it doesn't make it fun.

Sure you'll have some duds but that just makes it more special when one player does live up to the hype and they become a star.

I just signed a player dubed the new Joe Jordan for Plymouth...not sure what that means, but I guess I'll find out! Since he was from before my time following football I only know him from being a dour Scot commenting on Football Italia 10 years ago and being Harry Redknapp's sidekick. I want my 17 year old striker to do neither of those things, prefereably, but I took a chance and signed him anyway.

Joe used to be quite a useful forward who played for Leeds, Man Utd and Milan. He is also the only Scot to score in 3 world Cup finals tournaments.

obviously not the next kaka with a PA of 152. This is exactly why i use FMRTE to look at peoples CA and PA. The game and scouts are normally way off in what they tell you.

I made a bid for a regen in my game with a PA of 192 and my Ass Man told me to withdraw the bid because he wasnt good enough. Yeh maybe not now but he will be. And my Ass Man has a JPP of 19 so that just proves that the game tells you a load of crap sometimes.

FMRTE isnt a Bad thing. If you want to throw away millions on misleading scout reports then fine thats your choice. But people please dont start with the "your a cheat" comments just because somebody wants to see what they are paying their money for

Get better scouts, get them to constantly watch the player. This happens to reflect what happens IRL.

Although Arsene Wenger might have some device to look up peoples PA ;)

No I wasn't using the editor to cheat. I wanted it to look up information for the club im managing. Rep, expansion capability ect... Its the first time i've ever used it for 'my own gain' but wont be doing so again. Saw it said 'Dubbed the new Kaka' and just had to see if that was the case. Thats all!! I would hardly say that looking up the PA of 'ONE' player is going to ruin my game is it? Mostly did it to see how accurate my scout reports are. Which to say, spot on. Said he's gonna be a 'good' player. And a good player he shall be. I was going to sign him regardless!

No I wasn't using the editor to cheat. I wanted it to look up information for the club im managing. Rep, expansion capability ect... Its the first time i've ever used it for 'my own gain' but wont be doing so again. Saw it said 'Dubbed the new Kaka' and just had to see if that was the case. Thats all!! I would hardly say that looking up the PA of 'ONE' player is going to ruin my game is it? Mostly did it to see how accurate my scout reports are. Which to say, spot on. Said he's gonna be a 'good' player. And a good player he shall be. I was going to sign him regardless!

Well you know what will happen with this player no matter what anyone else tries to tell you.

Its probably not ruined your game for you but it would take some of the fun out of it for me. I've a player thats exceeded my scout reports (JPA 20/20) and coach reports (JPA 20/20) so I'm dying to know how far my regen will go. His development has been absolutely phenomenal but I'll resist the temptation to download tools to see his PA. Thats just me, its your game, enjoy it whatever way you like :thup:

'dubbed the new kaka' seems to be quite a common occurrence. I take it with a pinch of salt.

His natural fitness is crap isn't it? I'm sure that stat never really progresses much but correct me if I'm wrong. I tend to leave newgens alone with low natural stamina.

There has been great debate on these forums about the PA of a player and that it should be changed. Can't say I have a strong opinion on this - but surely the OP's example may seek to back up the opinion that the PA needs to be changed. I obviously dont know the hidden stats, but how can that player only have a PA of 152 - as a young player surely you should be able to increase the hidden attributes and help his development in order to become a great play based on his raw ability. But he is capped and based on his PA it would seem poinless getting this kid!!!

Thoughts???????????

This thread isn't meant to be anything to do with using editors. The guy just asked for your opinions on whether you'd sign this player and how to develop him. Editors make the game more fun for some, less so for others, just leave it at that.

In fairness if his mental and hidden atrributes are good he could outperform any number of higher PA players and have a magnificent career.

Case in point: Steve Irwin is still my backup RB at Liverpool in FM after 4 seasons, has an average rating of 7.68 and has multiple caps for England. He's made Glen Johnson look bad at times and I'll wager his PA is at least 30-40 below that of Johnson.

If I'd used a scout tool I'd have fobbed him off ages ago for having a low PA, talk about ruining the enjoyment of watching him blossom.

Archived