8 drawn matches in a row!

Playing in my first season as Colchester. Have played 12 league games, winning only 3, losing only 2 but drawing 7 matches (all in a row).

I am currently 8 league matches unbeaten (longest run of any team in the league), having just won 5-2 at Tranmere. Prior to this I draw 8 matches in a row in all comps (going out on pens in JPT).

I play a 4-4-2 with a control mentality. I dont concede many, but I dont score many. Should My mentalty be more attacking?!

Also, the goals I concede seem to be "super strikes!". On previous FM's we had super AI keepers, do we know have super AI strikers?!

I have had 11 draws in a row, with swansea. Look on the birghtside, at least your not losing but still getting points.

I dont necassarily agree. Drawing 7 league games in a row meant that I picked up 7 points from 21 available.

I would be higher in the league if I had won 3 but lost 4!

The positive is, is that during the 7 games, I drew at home to Leeds, Home to Charlton, and away to Southampton.

Well, Man City this season drew numerous games in a row, just be thankful your board aren't as ruthless as the Man City board, and are letting you stay on ;)

Thats the reason I started as Colchester! I am a Bristol Rovers ST holder, and we have had Pat Baldwin on loan from them. I have been to the new ground, and thought that they would be a good side to have a long term save with!

There arent many teams with no debt in the bottom two divisions!

You're not alone. :D

drawsw.jpg

Personally, while I can't say I like being in a situation like this, it does feel like we have some stability and persistence. I would accept it as generally positive if I were anywhere from a relegation candidate to a top-half side. Even when fighting for the title or promotion, these points might make a difference when your competition hits bad form.

You're not alone. :D

drawsw.jpg

Personally, while I can't say I like being in a situation like this, it does feel like we have some stability and persistence. I would accept it as generally positive if I were anywhere from a relegation candidate to a top-half side. Even when fighting for the title or promotion, these points might make a difference when your competition hits bad form.

Well my thinking is that I want to make the team hard to beat first of all. This has obviously worked. Now its all about thos all important tweaks that can push me up the table.

League 1 in the first season is hard with Leeds, Norwich, Saints, Charlton, MK Don and Huddersfield, so I am only aiming for a good mid table position before hopefully kicking on next season!

Plus, after signing Nathan Tyson on loan, he was injured for the first ten league games of the season. He scored 2 in his second start at Tranmere in the 5-2 win. Hopefully he could be the difference!

Well my thinking is that I want to make the team hard to beat first of all. This has obviously worked. Now its all about thos all important tweaks that can push me up the table.

League 1 in the first season is hard with Leeds, Norwich, Saints, Charlton, MK Don and Huddersfield, so I am only aiming for a good mid table position before hopefully kicking on next season!

Plus, after signing Nathan Tyson on loan, he was injured for the first ten league games of the season. He scored 2 in his second start at Tranmere in the 5-2 win. Hopefully he could be the difference!

Havent had the chance to play since I posted this, but this run has now been turned into 7 wins in a row after a few tactical tweeks!

Thats the reason I started as Colchester! I am a Bristol Rovers ST holder, and we have had Pat Baldwin on loan from them. I have been to the new ground, and thought that they would be a good side to have a long term save with!

There arent many teams with no debt in the bottom two divisions!

I go to Essex University there, I am going to start a new save once i get bored of my current one. Come on the erm "U's" lol

Archived