Do you continue the game once it's full of regens?

Agreed 100%

Pele > Charlton > Shepley > Giggs > Maradona > Gourcuff > Torres > Gerrard > Keane> Vieira > Rooney > Ronaldo > Tevez > kaka > Zidane > Figo > Ronaldo ( FAT ) > Shearer > Henry > Owen > Ronaldinho ? Bebeto > Dunga > Zola , Hell even Andy Gray ... lol are all players who have come and gone or will go and be replaced :)

You got to find the next big thing :)

Pele > Charlton > Shepley > Giggs > Maradona > Gourcuff > Torres > Gerrard > Keane> Vieira > Rooney > Ronaldo > Tevez > kaka > Zidane > Figo > Ronaldo ( FAT ) are all players who have come and gone or will go and be replaced

You got to find the next big thing :)

You forgot Shearer ;)

Put Shearer in there dammit! :mad:

:)

I quite like it but it has its downsides – early in the game I have reasonable knowledge about the world's top players, about the stars of many European clubs, the promising youngsters, simply from following football in real life. Ten seasons down the line I feel as if some of the fun is gone as I simply don't know whether the best player in the world is Dick Kok or Ross Ross, whereas right now it's between Messi and Ronaldo.

I'd love to see some sort of 'overview', 'news' that might keep the player up to date, perhaps on a weekly or just monthly basis. Maybe highlight the star performers of the loaded leagues, point out the youngsters getting high ratings or goals, interesting matches, stuff like that. I know I can see the top performers for myself, but I just can't be bothered.

For me the real game starts when the last real player retires! :D I like to have some fun with the existing players, but I tend to get bored of it. It's no fun just using teh same players 25.000 other people buy because they are talents that are there every time you start the game.

For me the real game starts when the last real player retires! :D I like to have some fun with the existing players, but I tend to get bored of it. It's no fun just using teh same players 25.000 other people buy because they are talents that are there every time you start the game.

Start with the made up players box ticked then?!

i have gone till late 2020's on previous games, i admit it has its good and bad points but if your really into the game you dont notice as much, young players you signed when you have the likes of rooney etc become your players the new players learn off and so on....

The furthest I ever got was 2020. It was half regens and half real players. I would love to get to the point where the game is completely filled with regens, I certainly wouldn't restart.

Regens aren't exactly perfect in FM, but it's far and away the best management game on the market in regards to newly-created players. This means that FM remains realistic even in the year 2100. I've never been that far but I've seen loads of examples.

I live for FM when the game is full of regens. For me that is the best conditions for a save. I love not knowing the players but at the same time getting to know who the world class stars are and familiarizing myself with a new era :)

Yes. It doesn't bother me when all the real players have gone.

The only problem with regens is I've never heard of them. So they could be the next ronaldo or messi but there names are so forgetable, its hard to keep track of all the players careers.

I have heard of every player in the prem and know what they do and what they did but good regens could have solid careers at prem clubs, could even be playing for england and its possible I might have no clue who they are, until I spot them.

You just can't track regens careers like you can with real players.

I don't mind regens, they're just another set of numbers to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. It doesn't bother me when all the real players have gone.

The only problem with regens is I've never heard of them. So they could be the next ronaldo or messi but there names are so forgetable, its hard to keep track of all the players careers.

I have heard of every player in the prem and know what they do and what they did but good regens could have solid careers at prem clubs, could even be playing for england and its possible I might have no clue who they are, until I spot them.

You just can't track regens careers like you can with real players.

Tell me about it.

I find it hard to track the regens in my team let alone different leagues in different countries.

I've never done it before, but that's my aim for my current savegame.. To have all of the 'real' players currently at my club retire and hire some of them as coaches, then to eventually have a team that consits only of regens.

Personally I usually target regens as soon as they begin to appear as scouting out and signing them on long contracts, prioritising their development by sacrificing your team's form etc is the best/fastest way to get your lower league club into the giddy heights.

Never really get quite that far any more, in fact my only truly long term game was on CM 00/01. Got to something like 2032/33 on that with Charlton. The rest I might have got 10-20 seasons in, but there's always a few real players still around at that point.

If I get that far I'd definitely continue, as I'd have really got into a save to play it that much.

This is the best part of the game!

Everyone knows wonderkids A, B and C. When everything is in the air that's when you realise how much work there is involved.

Exactly. Although, I've quit before when there were literally no proper regens available. I had one a few years back where the best clubs had average regens, and there were literally only 10-20 class players. It left me to get the bad ones, since I had been middle of the table for years on end.

I've found that managing a big club it's hard to find any regens that the scouts will give higher than 3 and a half stars. I'm in 2015 and am struggling as I just can't seem to find any good regens, and I end up buying 3 and a half star players for crazy prices.

I've found that managing a big club it's hard to find any regens that the scouts will give higher than 3 and a half stars. I'm in 2015 and am struggling as I just can't seem to find any good regens, and I end up buying 3 and a half star players for crazy prices.

Those 3 and a half stars become 4 and a half once fully developed :)

3-3.5* being about the level of your current squad.

I would guess your squad is world class therefore the regens you are scouting are world class!

Archived