Views... the bloody VIEWS

jsl

An example: I'm browsing through my scouting results. The default view sucks, especially because I have a widescreen monitor and this interface isn't great at scaling (infact it's horrible at that), so it's not even readable (about 2 miles of blank space in the middle of the screen), so I want to use a custom view. I go to 'View' -> 'Custom' etc and select one. But: why the hell everytime that I click on some player or report, and then click BACK button to go back to browsing the results, the view has switched back to the default??? So now everytime that I take a closer look at some scouting report/player, and then go back to the scoutin results, I have to go through TWO drop-down menus to select my custom view again - every time, all over again. Is this a bug or just reaaaal bad design, and if it's a bug, how can it still be there after two patches? o_O

That annoys me too. I made my Custom View of squad scree and every time I click on another team and then go back to mine, it swtiches to Default.

I think SI said that they are aware of that problem, but it's hardcoded or something, so they won't be able to solve that until FM11.

I don't have this problem. What skin are you using?

The default skin.

It really is annoying for me, because as I said I have a large wide-screen monitor so I *have* to use a custom view, so I have to go through two drop-down menus each and every time that I go back to that screen! Besides, the default view doesn't even show things like Potential and Current Rating, Min and Max asking price etc... You know, things that you usually like to know when you browse your scouting results.........

As for this being a problem that they can't solve, I find that difficult to believe. :O I mean come on, how hard can it be to set the game to remember which View you had the last time you were on that particular screen, and then automatically set it to that one?

I feel your pain brother.

It's the same here. Very annoying to constantly have to find it manually to be able to get your screen back.

Sitting with a 25'' screen here and it's hard to really see what is on the right line, on the default view.

Might be me just being picky, but i find it quite amazing that they didn't make the game "remember" what screen you were using.

Maybe it was delibarate, maybe it wasn't. For me it would be a standard basic though, to make sure the game "remembered" what screen we were on.

Having said that...i don't know if it's an easy or a difficult thing to do.

ive got this too and it leads to me creating and saving a lot of extra custom views that clutter up my view space :D

overall i do like the idea of these custom views. hoever is it still possible to edit the normal selection view to add assists with an xml file?

Archived