Touchline Shouts

Need to be more immediate

I had just taken the lead in a game and there were a three minutes left when I win the corner only to see all my defenders getting in to normal positions. IRL the defenders would look over to the manager who would indicate to stay back. In hindsight I should have paused the game and gone thorugh all of the advance tactics telling them to stay back but there is also the situational awareness of the players.

Suffice to say the three defenders I left at midfield decided not to bother either marking the lone striker or staying goalside so a huge punt over the top led to a 1:1 which thry score (wish I could learn that trick)

I think the delay is unfortunate, but instant implementation would be very hard.

As for real life managers having to deal with thousands of screaming fans, it is rare for the noise in a football stadium to be too deafening. I'm sure near side full backs and wingers, and even the central midfielders, can hear their manager. Heck, during more "boring" passages in play, I bet the far side ones can.

Archived